Adversary A-4E

kolja

Since my Intruder is almost done, I needed to chose the next project. A friend sent me a couple kits while he was thinning his stash, so I figured I should do one of those - and of the two of them, the Hasegawa A-4E seemed like the best choice. It didn't hurt that its TOPGUN boxing reminded me I had quite an inventory of adversary markings of my own.

So, here's the next project:

photo-2.jpg

NICE! :) I'll be following along.

Blue/grey or two tone brown?

First photo-worthy progress; I've deliberately left off the upper ejection seat handle since I figure it would be easy to break off and lose. Next up is painting and detailing the quite nicely molded nosewheel well. As you can probably see its molded to the cockpit tub, and I figure now would be easier to do it than when it was sandwiched into the fuselage halves.

4bfc513b.jpg

0df9c475.jpg

Cool, I love aggressor schemes. Gonna be following this tread. Not sure if you have the same sheet but one of the Twobobs A-4 sheets has markings for Jester's A-4E from Topgun.

My summer seems to have vanished in a flurry of work travel (and one leisure trip) which definitely slowed things down, but I've been able to plod along here and there.

This picture is from earlier this week, as I got the fuselage halves joined, with all the 'innards' sandwiched in place. I also got the intakes on - not thinking things all the way through, I managed to paint the outer pieces of each intake assembly white which isn't actually necessary since the intake lips and splitter plates aren't, well, white. But in the realm of modelling screw ups, that one's easy to fix.

null.jpg

Now, on to the wings!

Looking Good.

brings back memories. The "Skyhawk" was about as advanced as the New Zealand Airforce got.

Classic Fighter

Fork Virus said:
Wait a minute... Did you use a sharpie to paint the cockpit?

LOL no, that just happened to be the nearest thing handy to prop it up for taking the picture ;D

In the meantime, I got some wing work done:

null-1.jpg

null-1-1.jpg

null-2.jpg

Since the last update, I managed to get the white stuff painted, well, white, though neglected to take a picture of it.

Today came the preshading. Still heavy handed in spots but I feel a little better about it than the previous project. Next up, the first of three colors of camo (2 shades of gray and one of blue).

null-3.jpg

I love the Adversary paint schemes! I did the Tamiya F-16 Aggressor. Great job on the cockpit. Cant wait to see her painted up.

Thanks guys! Real life has, annoyingly, kept me busy - but I've been plugging away. Here's the first bit of camo color:

-2ED0-4F23-8E41-376029582873-4848-000004CBDD26491A.jpg

Latest posts

Back