Accurate after-market decals

trainman

Can someone recommend a source of accurate after-market decals in 1/48 scale? Pierre

It depends on what you are looking for , not all decal companies make the same decals ;)

Chris.

Yup, depends on what you're looking for. My experience has been great with Eagle Strike and Aeromaster, but I've had accuracy issues with Superscale. Each sheet varies so you have to decide for yourself and do research first.

Hi Chris, I’m building the Tamiya Bird Cage Corsair 1/48 scale and I kinda messed up the decal for the instrument panel. Do you know if I can get an after-market decal set which includes the instrument panel? Thank you, Pierre

Not sure if any of the AM sets do include instument decals ,I haven't seen any but I will have a look for you. Failing that you could probably get another set from Tamiya ;)

Chris.

I don't believe any of the manufacturers make instrument panel decals. Your only options would be to find a replacement sheet, replace the IP with one of Eduard's PE sets or something similar or to use the instrument dial decals that various companies make.

The two Aeromaster sheets I own have various inaccuracies for the different planes.

SoarinSukhoi, I’ll check with my LHS to see if I can order a Tamiya F4U-1 decal sheet. Pierre

Great link Shutterace :) Added to my favs ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back