A Tale of Two Emil's...

Nice work Mike ,they're both looking good :) ...Just take your time with the blotches ,start small and increase the size if needed ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys! Sorry for the delayed reply :-\

Well...the splotches came out alright...had to touch up here and there...then added Future...and am now in my favorite stage which is decals. I am however having to go slowly as there are a lot of stencils like those numbers that go all along the bottom of the side of the fuselage...x2 since I'm doing two 109s...pics to follow once I'm done...

We got lucky...we really had a near miss-- not as gusty as we thought it would be...still have power...life is good...and here we are...was able to finish the decals tonight while hunkered down and even braved a photo session in the CMD in the garage next to all those trees ;)
004%7E26.jpg
And Dolfo is quite happy with his ride- but is anxious to be not so pale himself...
005%7E27.jpg

Nice work on these Mike!! Can't wait to see some figure work next!!

Glad to see all is well with you after the storm!! Clean up begins I guess now!! ::)

Nice work mate, lovely paintjob as well!

Ah, Herr Gallands ride, love that one with the Mickey Mouse 8)

Cheers

Thanks guys!

I'm in the middle of firewood gathering and splitting season so free-time is at a minimum as of late while I try to beat the first snowfall...hopefully more will be done soon!

Having a heck of a time matching colors for Galland's uniform...still trying to decide how to recreate that powder blueish color...

Here is a rough idea on the base...not sure how the fighters were dispersed-- or where a gun pit would be in relation to them...still have to add the reclining figures as well....any ideas or suggestions are welcomed!
013%7E4.jpg

AN update of sorts...I switched from the cork to a ceiling tile base...here is where we are at now:

012%7E8.jpg

Pretty much done here...just some things to touch up overall...first an overview shot.....
003%7E40.jpg

A card game with the Fighter General....
001%7E40.jpg
002%7E32.jpg
008%7E25.jpg

A gun crew on drill...with the spotter using the two palm method of binoculars ;) Got to add that still...meanwhile Otto is moving Dolfo's plane....
004%7E36.jpg
005%7E36.jpg

Still more work to do on those sandbags....

And now Hans is arming up a plane while the pilot is catching up on the latest propaganda....
006%7E31.jpg
007%7E31.jpg

Guess that is it for now!

Latest posts

Back