A couple of past builds....

TRM

Just thought I could throw up a couple of past builds Hope you enjoy!

Tamiya's 20mm Flakvierling.

Flak%2038%20002.jpg
Flak%2038%20004.jpg
Flak%2038%20013.jpg
Flak%2038%20014.jpg
Flak%2038%20019.jpg

1/64 Sultana POB scratch from plans

1%20004.jpg
1%20006.jpg
1%20001.jpg
1%20003.jpg
1%20015.jpg

Recycled old, old build of Ferdinand to burnt out wreck....still need to mount it, oh well, kind of done :p

Before
C%20001.jpg

After
C%20027.jpg
C%20032.jpg
C%20039.jpg

Enough for now.... :p Thanks for stopping in!

Some brillant work there T, but man that ship is awesome buddy ...That must of took an age to build from plans !! but fantastic work ..I love it :)

Chris.

Thanks a lot Chris! Not too bad, right around 4 months. Once the bulkhead sections were cutout it moved right along. Look at the print, cut it from stock. The ratlines though....about 2 weeks straight every night. Hitch knot after hitch knot. That will make you go insane! ::)
Funny thing though, most of the stock was stuff lying around the house. Wooden dowels, tongue depressors and Popsicle sticks, paint stirrers, thread and other string, stole eyelets and wire from my daughter's jewelry kit....I think the only things I bought for this was the wooden blocks for the rigging ($10), Sculpey clay ($5) for the figure head and buoys and $13 bucks in planking for the deck and hull. Oh, the plans were free ;D

Thanks for the kind words!

The last ship I built was a fishing boat ..all wood ,a Billings boats kit ,basically a lot of wood strip and some plans ..I enjoyed it ,but it didnt have any where near the amount of rigging your ship has ! I used to build all my RC scale aircraft from plans ,there's a great satisfaction to be had from that isnt there .

Chris.

Thanks for the kind words Quaralane!

Chris, It is fairly satisfying to play with the plans and construct things from wood. Billings has really nice kits. I had the chance to grab the plans, so I did,t let it pass. I was in the middle of building 1/76 Uss Constitution from scratch. Figured the small Sultana would give me the quick fix and get some rigging under my belt. The Connie still on my display. Hull is basically complete.....over 1200 copper pieces under the waterline. Just managed to get onto other things. I may finish her some day. But she comes in at a hefty 52" long tip to tip, 37" tall. Absolutely no where to put her, maybe on the piano? Everything under that size is satisfying me right now ;D

Wow! Fantastic work, Chris! You've mastered such a wide range of skills. The Sultana is particularly impressive. Individual hull plates! That is meticulous work!

Hey `T` some lovely builds there buddy, that ship is superb............love that rusty `Ferdie` as well, excellent stuff my friend ;D

`Boots`

Thanks Buddy! Most appreciated! I'm thinking of dusting off my Arizona too and adding her here ??? Maybe tomorrow, back to work on the Horch! ;D

Thanks! This was my 1st attempt at trying to seriously rust and kill something. I have a base in the works and she will get mounted hopefully soon and I can throw a pic up. ;D

Latest posts

Back