58 Ford T-bird

scratchmod

Here is one of my entries, the Alvira 58 T-bird. I'll be doing this car as an old rusty car sitting in a field or in the woods. I'll be using the weathering techniques used on armored vehicles.

SMAentries001.jpg

SMAentries003.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics.

scratchmod

Thanks Erik, this should be interesting, my first car in nearly twenty years.

Here are a couple of ref pics of a similar car that gave me the idea.

55480005.jpg

55480006.jpg

55480007.jpg

This is a warm up for another future build.

scratchmod

And its all my fault too i suppose ;D

Chris.

Ah. a rusty wreck eh? no surprise there then, work you rusting magic on this baby then, good luck Rob ;D

Looking forward how you create the oxidation in the middle picture... looks superb!!!

Great stuff Rob...........gonna be another rustified masterpiece i reckon, lookin` forward too it bro ;D

`Boots`

AHHH, been waiting for this! Is there an Elvira Fig in there???? :p

Thanks a bunch guys, glad your all wanting to see this built. To answer your question...there is no Elvira figure in the kit. At least I don't think so, I haven't had a chance to check out the instructions and sprues.

I;m using my HT project to experiment with some weathering products from AK Interactive before I start this baby. Got lots of ideas in my head of what I can do with this model.

Rob

Well guys I've started my first car in nearly twenty years. The kit is a real dog, that's all I can say here :-X. It almost became a wingy thing and flew into the bin :mad: :mad:. I did some wiring to the motor and was fed up with this old kit....but decided to paint the motor to maybe get into it regardless. So here is the motor with some paint and weathering. Still more to add but you can see where this is going.

t-birdmotor001.jpg

t-birdmotor002.jpg

t-birdmotor004.jpg

t-birdmotor005.jpg

t-birdmotor006.jpg

Now I think I'll start that very old Linburg PT 17 :-\ :-\ :-\

scratchmod

I'm in the process of doing a rusty engine myself. I do the rust then add engine colour with a sponge. Looks like you use the same process from what I can see. Except I brush paint the rust.

Keep at it. By the time it's all together and well weathered, I'm sure it will look wicked.

Thanks guys for checking it out and the feedback. Noname I have many different tech's for the rusting, this is one of them. The base rust coat is a starting point to work from. It's the layering of the rust, either with oils or (here) with acrylic paints that brings the rust to life. I want to have lots of green stuff on this as with my Ht so a lot will be covered.

Latest posts

Back