Not open for further replies.

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
Category: Air

Name of Build: T-70 Bristol Blenheim

Kit manufacturer: Airfix

Scale: 1/72

Description
This started as an out of the box build of Airfix's Blenheim, but I decided to change direction after looking at the T-70 Resistance X-wing. As such, I placed 1/35 Flak 38 guns underslung on bashed ARC-170 wings on the tail. The rudder was also flipped upside-down. Due to this, I had to create a new tail landing gear bay with added details. The design is now a bit of a what-if WWII plane similar to those seen in the Crimson Skies lore.

I painted the interior in greenish-grey and painted the figure to look like an X-wing pilot. After masking the canopy, I painted the body first in Vallejo's Alcohol-based silver. Then after a coat of chipping fluid, I sprayed an off-white greyish color with dark green camouflage overtones. I then chipped the paint down to the silver/aluminum underneath. I also added blue markings on the wings, tail, and engines, which mirror those of the T-70 X-wing. Finally, I sprayed the landing gear in a bluish-green color.

For weathering, I used enamels for filters and streaks. I then turned to oils to create highlighting and shadows on the wing panels. This was a tedious process, but the color variation looks great. I also added some grime to the landing gear, as well as airbrushing exhaust streaks under the wings.

Final Images

t-70-blenheim1_zpsvqx1htim.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim2_zpsdujxfags.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim4_zpskd29yaln.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim5_zpsfybdqm0z.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim6_zpsbkccqxde.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim7_zpsqguj5mmw.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back