49 Ford Coupe

RocketSilo

Building a AMT 49 Ford Coupe for the Vehicle category

*edit LOL.... not sure how I double posted the Photo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice, if you can give this a paint job like the other one you have on YouTube it will look great!!

Nice choice ,look forward to this one ;D

Chris.

Thanks everybody ! I plan to just have fun and do the best I can , this is my second car model in many...many years.
I am already blown away by some of the entry's .so I've been inspired to tackle some small mods to the kit.
my work schedule is going to be the big factor in getting this done and having a chance against some of the master builders, that's cool tho, this is my first contest so if I even place in the top 5 that would be great !

RocketSilo said:
Thanks everybody ! I plan to just have fun and do the best I can , this is my second car model in many...many years.
I am already blown away by some of the entry's .so I've been inspired to tackle some small mods to the kit.
my work schedule is going to be the big factor in getting this done and having a chance against some of the master builders, that's cool tho, this is my first contest so if I even place in the top 5 that would be great !

I agree with you. To even be in the top five will be great! And I feel your pain, for the next week, I am working 10 to 13 hours a day.....

Nice work on cleaning up the problems on that.

Those flames could look interesting when done, too

Nice progress and I love the idea you have with the flames. I have seen a few cars where the flames are just visible.

some amazing build going on so far !

update on my 49 Ford, looks like from all the tons of comments on other vehicle builds I'm the underdog on on here..that's cool I'm going to keep trying and scratchbuilding with zero aftermarket stuff.. thats a big goal of mine , no matter what, I'll continue giving it my best effort.

hopefully I can get a lot of the paint done by the weekend, and do some more of the fun detailing parts
here's the vid update for 4/19 , I'll try to make my updates more frequent from here on out
49 Ford update Apr 19 2011

Love the idea for the shocks using rivets. Very clever. Flames are cool too - especially being cut by hand. Really cool.

Nice lot of work gone into this Rocketsilo, you do find this with the older car kits i have to agree, and yeah ya right about comparing this to an aircraft build..................these can be just as challenging............great work tho matey...............keep her lit!! ;D

`Boots`

thanks for all the props, wish I could dedicate more time , but work has other ideas ...lol
I think I still have plenty of time tho ,, so , I'm keeping it lit !

RocketSilo said:
thanks for all the props, wish I could dedicate more time , but work has other ideas ...lol
I think I still have plenty of time tho ,, so , I'm keeping it lit !

I know this feeling very, very well........... My job has other ideas as well.

Got some interior work done. I was aiming for a buckskin look with black vinyl and trim and details.
should look nice with the purple exterior.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi ya RocketSilo , very nice work on the interior buddy ...looks good :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back