2015 Contest Q&A

Been gathering supplies for my initial entry. I'll post the idea as soon as we start up for real.
All I'll say for now is that it's a "do-over" of a previous contest entry. And I mean a complete, top-to-bottom, start from scratch do-over

Cool Q.

I'm just aiming for a finished build this year. Nothing crazy. Just I can't decide what to build. I've got mostly aircraft, a little sci-fi, and a single track-y thing. Not sure as yet...

I sat on the sidelines for the BSC last year but i think I'm gonna throw my hat in this year. Thinking of building either the (Ian McQue's) Waldo from industria mechanica or the tamiya 1:350 I-400 in water.

JMac said:
Cool Q.

I'm just aiming for a finished build this year. Nothing crazy. Just I can't decide what to build. I've got mostly aircraft, a little sci-fi, and a single track-y thing. Not sure as yet...

I think a 1/48th Harrier would be cool. ;D

JohnSimmons said:
Waldo!!! Would LOVE to see that get built.

I thought about doing this as well. I've got one in a box still. As well as a mostly finished Remora, a few Skymark bouys, and the deckhands. Obviously a big fan of Industria Mechanika and Ian McQue… I don't think I could finish it in 3 months. :/

adampolo13 said:
JMac said:
Cool Q.

Neat idea! As it just so happens, I have one in my stash. ;D

JMac said:
adampolo13 said:
JMac said:
Cool Q.

Neat idea! As it just so happens, I have one in my stash. ;D

Hmmmmmm...... I love the smell of dark ghost grey from an airbrush...

Scott Girvan said:
Awesome. I'm pumped too.

Dude, I'm gonna say something StarWars? That fine molds snow speeder would be fun. (I'll buy it off you if you don't want it. ;))

The Snowspeeder Is actually almost done! there's a progress thread in SciFi :)

I may enter something into All Open but I'd like to do a "fair" build, one I haven't previously started.

Speeder bike is a good kit - figure is sucky but bike is cool.

You have lots to choose from...podracer?

I will build the new "Ratte" from Takom and second
the IS-5 Mao Zedong from Dust at Scale 1/35.

I think this year I'll try more than one entry :p
IMG_7214.jpg
None of it will be out of the box, I'l rather chop 'em up, mix them and do some wierd stuff.
Still have a few days to decide, but I'm relatively sure one will end up as a "watercraft" ;D
I will also do (or die trying, right?) another sculpt similar to "The Princess" - that's what the wire and all the SuperSculpey is for :p

I just thought that I'll probably save the Me and rather maul an old BF/ME-110 kit that I have somewhere and already has a few pieces missing...
hmm.
Well, I really look forward to the contest :D

That stuff is looking very cool!

I'll be doing a Helicopter of some sorts. All dependent on when my most recent order arrives.

Scott Girvan said:

Honestly the only untouched kits there are Iron Man Mk6, Chars ZGok, Jabbas Throne Room, and the AT-AT. Everything else is in various stages from some almost finished down to other having a few parts clipped off the sprues. However I'm ordering some things Friday so we'll see!

I wanted to do the podracer but it's actually for parts as I got it incomplete, but I'm ordering another!

Maschinen Krieger stuff for me. In particular the Hummel, I think. I'd also like to try a bust for the all open (or is there a figure class?)

MandoMan531 said:
Scott Girvan said:

Honestly the only untouched kits there are Iron Man Mk6, Chars ZGok, Jabbas Throne Room, and the AT-AT. Everything else is in various stages from some almost finished down to other having a few parts clipped off the sprues. However I'm ordering some things Friday so we'll see!

I wanted to do the podracer but it's actually for parts as I got it incomplete, but I'm ordering another!

Jabbas throne room for Dio and AT AT in Sci fi! Done!

Latest posts

Back