2014 Modelling Goals

Quaralane said:
Work on my "shelf queens" awaiting paint and decals
FINISH THE INTO DARKNESS ENTERPRISE
Build more, buy less

Build more, buy less, that fits for me too.

And to spend less time on the computer and more at the bench.

Good to see people joining up at their local clubs, I highly recommend doing it if you have no already and there is one in your area. I love my forums but sometimes you have to talk to organic matter about the hobby :)

Grendels said:
And to spend less time on the computer and more at the bench.

It's so hard though when the modeling bench and computer desk are one and the same.

Happy New Year to you all!
No matter how hard I try, I always seem to be stuck in obligations: Contest here, campaign there, magazine commission build here, review there. So far I am obliged to:

1) Finally finish the Admiral Graf Spee (some rigging and figures to be placed) and write up a German and an English Build-up Review for two magazines.
2) Build a 35th scale Flak41 (magazine commission)
3) Build the 350th scale destroyer Dietrich von Roeder (magazine commission)
4) finish a 144th scale plane for a campaign
5) finish an artillery piece with a caliber lager that 152mm for a campaign

So these will have to be made this year, some of them quite soon.
On top of that, this year I want/hope to build

6) my first car model
7) my first SciFi model
8) the 1/35th Russian 2S7, (if that is at all possible)
9) finish one project off the shelf of doom
10) build a winner in any category of the BSC other than ships
11) do some serious scratch-building.

One or the other goal my be combined, but it seems that my plate is full to the brim.

So my major goal for this year is to no more than 2 project ahead of me by 31st December 2014.

Here's to hoping! ;D

Guido

Been thinking about this a bit more and have a few things I'd like to figure out this year.

A: Painting a shiny car/truck...that's actually shiny.
B: Making homemade photoetch parts
C: Finish the Rancor project
D: Finish a little 1/35 vignette I started last year
E: Build another sci-fi project
F: Build another ratrod truck, normal size truck

That's a good range of things to do. At leat you can see the end of the list! ;D
Shiny car first time for me, too, this year. Have bought a Thunderbird SC from Revell to try and learn before taking on a really cool kit.

I just recently joined SMA and in the process of finishing Tamiya Nissan skyline 2000gt r.

goals for this year:
-Going to go pickup my old models from when I was younger
-set up and organize a better working area
-maybe start some sort of diorama?

I want to get some more Ikea display cabinets and set up my studio a little nicer. My current cabinet is getting rather full!

Would love to do some scratchbuilding or converting, make use of all those bits I have.

Specific goals...

#1 get a Milennium Falcon, I almost pulled the trigger on the 1/144th fine molds, but I want a larger one.

#2 go to wonderfest. I've heard its awesome but haven't been yet.

#3 Improve my woodworking skills. While not specifically model building, I've found myself doing a fair bit of woodworking for bases, dioramas etc, and my woodworking skills are total crap. Very sloppy.

One other thing too...forgot.

I really want to build a photo backdrop for 1/25 cars, trucks. Some sort of alley, industrial type thing. Something I can add to , tinker with.

The permanent backdrop sounds very cool ,Sorry but I might steal the idea..LOL..Thanx for the idea!! :)

I would really like to build a diorama this year. I also plan to do some non-automotive builds as well. I have a Millennium Falcon, Slave 1 and a Ma.k kit to build. Wish me luck. ;D

JohnSimmons said:
I'd like to see them!
John, I'll be going back to some of your post for references. Thanks for the inspiration Mate. ;)

SWMBO tells me my goal was to finish ANYTHING before I bought another kit. Wow, do those Maisto snap/screw together kits come in handy... ;D

Seriously, though, my goal is[\i] to finish at least one kit this year without mangling it in the process.. Other than that, my only goals are to read SMA, drink some whiskey, and wrangle some styrene.

The base thing reminds me, I was gonna get some a3 photo quality images of roads and backgrounds to slip into my folding photo booth.
Considering I'm only doing my first diorama now, I'll hold off on the 3d backgrounds :)

Latest posts

Back