2014 Modelling Goals

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
So yeah, modelling goals of the new year. What are you planning to build? Or learn? New techniques, paint, ground work etc to try out? I'm hoping by starting this thread I'll stick to what I want to build and not stray off and buy new kits (I only want to stick to the one kit a Studio Scale Tie Bomber ;D). So first off I want to complete the Land Rover for the Group build and after that in order it will be:
1/72 Tie X1
1/35 German Halftrack with engine and Rocket Launcher (secret Santa gift)
1/35 Red Army Sherman
1/35 Chieftain Mk5 (with resin upgrade set to make it a Mk10)
1/35 Leopard (shelf queen)
1/35 Resin Remora (industria Mechanika kit)
The Studio Scale Tie Bomber
1/144 Sand Crawler
I know it's a long shot but these are the kits I find myself day dreaming about lol

my main goals for 2014 are to sculpt a figure :-\ Fingers crossed on that one.
get back and finish my Hett now that i have all the Etch.
Build my Armored train Santa brought me for our show in November
and Build my Puma before June 6th for a group build on Irish scale modeler and the MSC Wheeled gb

all 1/35th so thats a lot :D i may stray off the path tough knowing me

Main goals for 2014....

1) Finish building the cabinet for paint and tools and such I started
2) Finish building up a work bench
3) Get moved into a new place with a room to set up goals 1 & 2 (and the forty odd boxes of gear/kits/etc I have packed up and waiting to be moved)
4) Get building something, anything! once again!
5) Complete Goal #4 ;D

My goal is to finish 6 models in 2014. I've got plenty of kits to chose from so I'm not going to pigeon hole myself into specific kits. Just finish 6.

I want to clean off my bench by finishing the 3 builds that are scattered across it, all in some state of almost done, and then tackle the 3 kits I recieved as Xmas gifts.

My goals for 2014 are to whittle down the shelf queens queue, and I'd like to try building and painting at least a couple subjects outside of my usual genre, maybe a tank, or maybe a figure.

I'm with subhuman1's goal #4 Get something/anything built and finished. To follow SMA motto "The goal is completion, not perfection". To have fun building and stop worrying about every little seam and mold line. Work on models and the other stuff will follow. ::) ;)

I started the holiday season with the goal of clearing some near finished.
1 is in the cabinet and 1 is at final assembly, the last one might run slightly into the new year.

2014 is the build it cause I want to year, no putting it off for reasons like, I want my skills to improve, I want to practice on something cheaper first as I have found I do better on kits I really want to build and to quote an extreme song 'I ain't ever seen a uhaul being towed behind a herse"

So 2014 hit list is
Tamiya 1/6 HD fatboy (largest kit I will have built)
Revell RB8 in Vettel livery (first f1 car I will have built)
Psycho house diorama including the bates motel. (First building and first diorama)
MG Sazabi ver ka Gundam (largest gundam I will have built)

I also hope to slip some other builds in there as group builds/sigs/club builds etc pop up throughout the year

My main goals for 2014 are
1- get my hobby room completed so I have a main place to build
2- finish off some of the projects I started
3- get my airbrush kit set up and learn to use it I finally got one after years of using a brush.
4- continue improving weathering and washes
5- do more scratch building

Finish my shelf queens, Moebius Spindrift, 1/4 scale vinyl boba fett, AMT Millennium Falcon.

I want to not buy any new kits this year and just concentrate on putting a dent in my current stash.

My goal is to build cleaner. I usually use one Tbsp of glues per square mm. I think it's too much.

My goals for 2014:

1) Start learning how to use my airbrush properly so I can
2) Complete some of the backlog of kits awaiting paint
3) Learn from my multitude of mistakes to make the next kit better
4) Have a great time sharing with and learning from the SMA crew

Work on my "shelf queens" awaiting paint and decals
FINISH THE INTO DARKNESS ENTERPRISE
Build more, buy less

I achieved last year's goal of joining a model club. This year my goals are to display in our club's annual display, complete a WWII bomber and a Cold War jet, donate some planes to our Legion museum and teach some basic modelling skills to some school kids.

Latest posts

Back