2012 Revell Standard Tie (Snap Tight)....Awesome get one!

Nice review! I can't believe that box art. And what's Darth Maul got to do with Tie Fighters? Very puzzling.

I think it has something to do with the release of Episode 1 in 3D
because i see the new wave of action figures and
vehicles had Darth Maul all over on the box art! LOL

Ok guys just going to hit you up with pics it's a snap
kit nothing tricky. ALthough i would recommend using some
CA glue on the inner cockpit walls and the edges of the solar
panels where needed. Other wise nice kit i am looking to get another,
to paint maybe do some light mods....but not this one this one was
just "Snapped together" LOL

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

Oh the pic with exacto knife by the seam was to show there was no
seam, its very tight on the front and a tiny gap on the rear......easily
fixed with a little CA or welding solvent.

That figure is excellent! And it doesn't look like it would be that hard to light up.

It looks very cool! All that details on the wings\solar panels - Revell made a pretty great job this time.
And it looks rather big as well! Might happen to be even in scale with the TIE-Advanced Revell has also released.
Basing on the figures dimensions, what is it's approximate scale what do You think?

Solander said:
Might happen to be even in scale with the TIE-Advanced Revell has also released.
Basing on the figures dimensions, what is it's approximate scale what do You think?

I now have both since I just got the standard tie on Monday. They are nearly the same scale and are close enough for me to call them in scale with each other for diorama purposes. I believe if they were in exact scale with each other they should have the same cockpit window size. The Revell Vader tie is about .5mm to 1mm larger in diameter. Probably the difference between something like 1/40 and 1/42 (maybe)?

At any rate, they look fine together and I am planning a Revell Vader with Wingman diorama after I pick up a second tie

This looks awesome and fun! So I ordered one---and the new Landspeeder as well! $20 bucks a pop--How bad could they look! ;D

derex3592 said:
This looks awesome and fun! So I ordered one---and the new Landspeeder as well! $20 bucks a pop--How bad could they look! ;D
[/quote

Exactly i have both when i finished the Tie i felt like I stole it for $20 ! LOL
The speeder is nice also but the tie is more impressive for the $20! ;D

Looks nice, especially the cockpit.

I have the FM 1/48 version and the cockpit detail is really lacking in my opinion. It'll fun to greeblize though.

Bought and put together, I videoed the whole thing, it will be up in the next week or two.

the BEST part is the "upcoming kits" on the back of the box---TYDERIUM (or however you spell it) SHUTTLE BABY!!! ;D

Revell's Tie Advanced next to the standard Tie. Standard tie I think is a bit on the smaller side, but its good enough for me

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

So..... I have been looking around Amazon for some of the Revell Star Wars kits, and am having trouble because it seems that there are several different series of kits?
I am guessing that some are larger than others?
But I don't see info in the item descriptions that tell me how big they are?
Are there certain key words I should be using to find the larger versions?
:/
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

ModelMakerMike said:
So..... I have been looking around Amazon for some of the Revell Star Wars kits, and am having trouble because it seems that there are several different series of kits?
I am guessing that some are larger than others?
But I don't see info in the item descriptions that tell me how big they are?
Are there certain key words I should be using to find the larger versions?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

There are the Easy Kits which are the larger versions

and pocket kits (aka easy pocket kits) which are the smaller versions

The standard tie you don't have to worry about. There is no pocket kit version (yet, there will be later this year).

For the Vader tie or other revell stuff look for "pocket" or "mini" in the title to know if it is the smaller version. You can also sometimes tell by price since most pocket kits tend to be under $10, but on eBay people often confuse the two and screw up the pricing

You can also tell the pocket kits by the packaging. They come in foil pouches rather than boxes

for example, here is the pocket vader tie packaging
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-Mini-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Tie-Fighter-Snap-Tite-Model-Kit-New-/270924286715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f14588afb

and here is the larger Easy Kit packaging.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-MODEL-KIT-by-REVELL-DARTH-VADERS-TIE-FIGHTER-/230647818764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b3ae6a0c

Unfortunately other than knowing what the packaging looks like, one would not necessarily know that these were actually two different models sometimes from the listings

Some sellers are thoughtful enough to also put the revell product number in the listing, then you can match it with Revells site to see which version it is
ex. Revell SnapTite® Mini Star Wars® Darth Vader's TIE Fighter™ - 85-8329

Thanx Blake,
I guess I should have thought to "Go to the source" the manufacturer's site, and see what they say, but it has been my experience that even the manufacturer's websites are behind the times as far as available releases on the market goes.
I recall seeing kits available from, Moebius, and Polar lights, and various...and then checking their websites, and seeing NO info on the kits... I think Moebius is getting better these days, but I will check out the Revell info.
Thanx again!

I just went to the Revell site.
The only two Star Wars kits that had measurements of the built models (That I saw) were the new TIE Fighter, and the Land Speeder. AND they had the TIE Fighter labeled as Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.
Kinda confirms what I said earlier about the Manufacturer's own websites.
Oh well, your info at least has given me criteria to look for when making a purchasing decision. :)

Latest posts

Back