20,000 Leagues Over My Head

I think it turned out great I like the color choice. In some place's like the ship and rocks maybe a little color variation/layer would look good to add depth. Did the pre-shading come through?.. it's hard to see from the images. Nice job on this!!

builder101 said:
I think it turned out great I like the color choice. In some place's like the ship and rocks maybe a little color variation/layer would look good to add depth. Did the pre-shading come through?.. it's hard to see from the images. Nice job on this!!

The preshading didn't come through as nicely as I would have liked. Its barely visible in a lot of places. The metallic paint I used seems to have covered it up pretty well. I had to lay it on a little thicker than I would have liked to get good coverage.

I'm thinking of going back and drybrushing another color to make the rivets stand out a little more (black maybe, or possibly brass, not sure). I'm also considering repainting the ground to be more of a rocky stone color rather than the current sand/mud look it has going for it.

I love the color you put on it. Looks great. I think that you should go with your thought of adding rust to the hull. Maybe follow the rivet pattern. But looks fantastic!

Latest posts

Back