160 vs 144

pro

People have told me 160 and 144 are the same. I don't buy it just like when the said 76 and 72 are the same till I got a panther in both scales and gee they don't match. Has anyone actually built a 144 train yet. I've thought of getting a n scale set an see if I can rewirk it into 144. I should think it should be close enough to do it I have all the pocket army train stuff figure I should be able to copy and build flat cars and box cars maybe some passenger cars. Anyway would love to hear any info out there

Well , the scale is not the same . That's why they have different denominators .
Here's a good explanation on Wikipedia about N gauge : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_scale

Some people use 1/76 and 1/72 items together ,or 1/32 with 1/35 , 1/24 with 1/20 etc because they aren't bothered by the discrepancy .
It doesn't work for me with the latter . That 17% difference between 1/24 and 1/20 drives me nuts :D But that's just me .
1/72 vs 1/76 is a 5 % difference and 160 vs 144 is a 10 % difference , so it's just a matter of what you find important in the hobby .
If it looks right to you then it's right !

Latest posts

Back