Custom vs. stock

rodoalfre

Hi, I bought two models. 51 ' Chevy Bel Air and '61 Ford Galaxie both from AMT. My first models, so my first question is: Can you tell me which is the difference between custom and stock.?
Thank you so much.

It should tell you in the instructions what the different parts you can use to make it stock or make it custom.

Most of those kits were either a 2n1 or 3n1 kit, with extra parts to make it a couple of different ways.

Some of it is just simply different tires and wheels, maybe a different intake on the engine, to the other extreme where they added different body panels to change the look of the vehicle, or maybe different exhaust layout.

You would get others that would be a 3n1 so you could built it Stock, Strip or Street versions.

Whatever the differences, it should be all laid out in the instructions for you.

Scott has laid it out pretty clearly. But I'm just wondering are you asking what stock means and what custom means? In case that is what you were asking, stock generally refers to how the (full sized) car came from the factory. If you use the parts labled as stock your model will resemble a full sized car as it rolled off the assembly line. Custom refers to parts used to alter the car from stock either to make it go faster or to make it look unique.

Latest posts

Back