1/76 Jagdpanther Revell

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, showed one of my buddies my models at the weekend, and after making fun of me calling me a geek he wanted to build one. So I gave him a cheap kit that if he screwed up wouldnt matter. Its not a bad kit, the 1/76 Jagdpanther by Revell. He went away with glue, tweesers, a hobby knife and sandpaper. He finished it really well and over the past 2 days I showed him the real basics of priming/pre shading, choosing the base coat, highliting, washes, pigments and he (by himself with me annoying him over his shoulder lol) came up with this:
Pretty good huh?
IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

He's gone off to the model shop and bought a 1/35 tank and a 1/48 spitfire!
Thanks for looking and I'm sure he would like to see your comments. ;D

he had a good tutor, it really good for a first one, now you can call him a geek :)

Ha thanks Spud, yeah don't worry I've already done that lol! Here's one more that's all I've got because he ran off in such a hurry to show his mrs lol!
aa5a02c3.jpg

Wow very nice indeed....he's got skilz for sure.

Wonder if his Mrs was as impressed as us? lol

TTFN Matt

He did a great job! I can see it doing well at a show! Keep up the good work!

That looks fantastic. So can you come over to my house and nag me on armor building ;D He had a great teacher.

Wow that looks great for Braille scale. love the weathering of course ;D One thing I noticed was that you forgot or maybe have done it already is/are the roadwheels. They should be black or a dark gray. Could also be my bad eyes ;)

lol for a first model its a good attempt mabe he forgot to tell his padawan about them :)

Yeah I'm afraid that I'm still a padawan to you lot lol! Maybe I should have come to you lot for advice first. But he really just wanted to get straight onto the painting & who was I to tell him to get researching lol ;D
Again thanks for the comments guys, he will be thrilled when I show him.

yeah, what Spud said. For a first it looks great. I mean hell, it's 1/76 scale and he did the weathering and streaking :eek:

Now you can call him a geek ;D

Brilliant job on the little JP ....looks excellent !!

PS ...I think Robs living room has rust streaks on the walls and chipped paint on the floors ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back