1/72 Ukrainian Sukhoi T-50

Madhatter

hi all

I build this as part of a What-If Group Build on another site, but thought I would share it here as well.
It's the Revell boxing of the T-50. It's not a particularly nice kit with some fit issues here and there and the surface of the model is quite rough and not smooth at all - but, it looks like a T-50 and that's what counts
I decided to do mine in Ukrainian splinter as a replacement for their SU-27s. I used AKAN paints (new to me as well and I really like using them - no need to thin them either - spray straight from the bottle). Although they do have a tendency to peel easily when exposed to masking tape
Anyways, I think the scheme and colours lend themselves well to this aircraft and to give it some more buff, I added some spare missiles from an SU-33 kit I had

And with the other splintered aircraft I have:

thanks for looking
MH

just don't get the Revell one - the surface isn't smooth at all and has a very rough texture to it. It makes painting a PITA
I don't know what the Zeveda one is like but one can only hope that it is a lot smoother than the one I built.
owever, maybe the real aircraft has a non-smoot finish to it - although I find that unlikely

So there's Zvezda, Academy, Revell and Hobby Boss. My understanding was that the first three are actually the same kit (like what they did with Zvezda's Su-27SM)....

I have both toolings and the Hobby Boss kit has smooth surfaces.

Latest posts

Back