1/72 Blenheim - airplane - sci-fi - Star Wars thingy

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
So, I started something else. I picked up Airfix's latest Blenheim mk IV a week ago. It is a beautiful kit, and I swear, I did start off with the intention of building it OOTB.

But.......I started looking at it and thinking about other designs. And I keep looking at the Vanity Fair images from Star Wars 7. Specifically, the image of Poe Dameron in front of his T-70 X-wing just looks awesome. And this thing has the same giant engines on either side of the cockpit...and a really neat canopy. So, I decided to do a Star Wars 7 inspired build, after all many of the SW designs came from WWII influences. I may also pull designs from Crimson Skies (for those familiar with the game).

Here's the box:

wip-blenheim1_zpspqrmtdco.jpg~original

And here's where I am currently. I may or may not finish (the AT-ST is my primary build right now):
wip-blenheim2_zpsf1sbbrws.jpg~original

wip-blenheim3_zpsl95rw5mq.jpg~original

Thanks guys. Here's where I'm at so far. I'm not exactly Saganizing it, but I'm adding a little bit of detail. New details include a new turret, new rear landing gear, new rear wings/cannons. I basecoated the interior and hope to start painting the details soon.

By the by, the detail in this kit is fantastic for the scale and price.

wip-blenheim4_zpspqdrst0x.jpg~original

Well, I finished shooting photos of this guy today. It's an oddity, but it was fun doing an airplane again. I also enjoyed doing paint chipping and streaking on plane wings. It's much different than on a spaceship or a tank. Enjoy

t-70-blenheim1_zpsvqx1htim.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim2_zpsdujxfags.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim4_zpskd29yaln.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim3_zpsbjdy8lzy.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim5_zpsfybdqm0z.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim6_zpsbkccqxde.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim7_zpsqguj5mmw.jpg~original

t-70-blenheim8_zpsmwz7rcy6.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back