1/6 Dora Gun

Jdog71

Ni!
I haven't seen this posted here. This thing must be over 20 ft long. I've been looking into a 1/35 lately, but this takes the cake. Make sure you click the "Click here to continue to the photo gallery of my build. . . " link...quite impressive. Keep in mind, the action figures you see are a foot tall.

http://www.vonabt.co.uk/models/Dora/DoraBuild.htm

Wow :eek:
I've seen a 1/6 scale Jagdpanther that a local modeler scratchbuilt and that was huge.
This thing is a giant.

The guy has obviously got some cash, with a 250 halftrack in his garage, a built 1/35 kit, scratchbuilt 1/16 version and now the 1/6.

Having just sold a 1/35 one before Xmas, and seeing how big it is....the 1/6 is a monstrosity!

13aceofspades13 said:
wasnt the dora the biggest cannon ever built?

Well, yes and no. It really comes down to what specifically is used to determine it's 'size'. It was the largest artillery piece fired in combat. The American 'Little David' was a larger artillery piece by caliber size but it was never fired in combat since it was to be used in the invasion of Japan, which never happened.

The Dora Gustav was actually the second railgun of it's type to be built and fired and was only deployed rather briefly, the Schwerer Gustav was the first and was used a lot more. I'm not really sure why the Dora gets all the attention but they were both fairly identical and were both going to be outdone by the 3rd big railgun, the Langer Gustav which would have been a bit larger. It was damaged during construction by the RAF bombing and never saw completion.

8)

Latest posts

Back