1/48 Williams Brothers Ford Flivver

Bomber Boy

Static Grass Is The Sh!^
This is the Ford Flivver, a cute little 300lb plane from the 20's and 30's. It was a fun build and very shiny. I built this to prove a point, that a Pretty Shiny plane will win first long before a weathered plane will. I also posted a P-38 that is lightly weathered and did not place with it but got First with the Flivver, point proven. This kit was a fun build though and went together with NO fill anywhere. Enjoy!!

Fl6.jpg
F18.jpg
F22.jpg
F19.jpg
F20.jpg
F21.jpg
Fl7.jpg

Thanks For Looking,
James

Great looking little Aircraft ,and well done on the win :) However ...it doesnt really prove your point as your P38 will of been in a different class from your Ford . What aircraft beat your P-38 ?
Im not knocking you in anyway ,as I say the Ford looks great ,but you simply cant judge those two aircraft in the same way ;)

Chris.

No Chris, you can't judge in the same class but over the years I have strived to build historical correct models, which include weathering, very few of them ever placed while I see Pretty NEW looking plane win constantly in said category. With the Flivver I built one that Historical was kept clean and shiny I win First so in that I see a bias. In the class that the 38 was placed there again new lookihg craft took places. My question is when will this body recognize that military aircraft are not pretty little planes but for a very short time in their lives. That is all I am saying.

James

That sure is a stupendous looking build there James.
What shootout was that? Virginia? Some heavy hitters
there.
Congratulations none the less.

How about some of the other winners, were they just
better builds. I mean the basics. Were the other winners
built better, not just 'shiny'.
You know the old IPMS story of yellow with pink poco
dots wins if the basics are correct.

Latest posts

Back