1:48 Tie Fighter almost complete first post to SMA!

builder101

Hi all I have been checking out the site for a while and this is my first post. I have seen some great work on the forum.. I took a break from a kit I was putting a lot of work in and started working on some straight out of box builds. I need to figure some weathering methods for this and finish some details and add a few parts.

Here is some pics of the fine molds 1:48 tie any how to clean weathering advise on this would be great.. I have a few products that I hope will work. I have a few bottles of AK washes. Black ink and acrylic\enamel paints.

Thanks for looking!!!

SAM_1425_zps8bdeb69c.jpg

SAM_1424_zpsed64f6f5.jpg

SAM_1426_zps459b297a.jpg

Hey thanks for all the kind words I hope that I can wrap it up by Sunday and post more pics when it's complete.

Mike

Thank you for all the above comments. Finished the Fighter up and weathered good with acrylics mixed with dish soap and thinner. I cleaned the canopy with alcohol and the plastic was smeared with a white haze in a panic I removed it and dunked back in future and the stuff saved the day..

Here is some pic's I have a bunch of kit's waiting as I make a decision on my next build.

Thanks again!

SAM_1436_zps841b61de.jpg

SAM_1435_zps56cb5a9b.jpg

SAM_1434_zpsed3fb5b8.jpg

SAM_1430_zps7b690197.jpg

It looks great!...Now, we'll need a few dozen more. I want to start F-X filming on Tuesday.
LOL
;D ;D ;D ;D

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, what is that you used on the base? They almost look like some type of computer chips. Keep up the great work!

Thanks again for all the feedback it really means a lot to me to have other builder's look at my work. I think a good forum like this can push to get a project done cause you know that you want to try and take some nice pic's and get them up..

Mike, yes the base is made from old processors (intel P4's) that were otherwise heading to recycling. Sometimes when they say recycling I am not sure where the old parts really end up.. I am sure they do their best but you know some of it goes in a landfill somewhere.. I use the parts that I can and since I have gotten into building models I look at parts differently. For example, I made a death star tower gun a while back and used the old printer gears for the torrents.. Other materials a little kit bashing, staples, and styrene.. One of my first scratch builds and I have only done a few.. Nothing exact I have seen this gun made really well. But here is a pic of my use of other stuff headed off for recycling..

Again Thanks!!

gunner2.jpg

Once again thanks for all of the comments made!!, and asking for more pic's has given me the motivation to re-visit my build and do some touch up and weathing. Here is some more pic's I would like to one day make one of these again.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

SAM_1440_zps6a40cb73.jpg

Here is a pic to get an idea of scale.

SAM_1442_zpsf4a25663.jpg

Wow! I really like that, great idea and very ingenious... What is they yellow ball with legs in the last pic? That thing looks kinda cool!

Thanks Hook, That little yellow guy is a quick scratch build of a model robot for my son he is 6. It's a michaels globe converted into a robot yellow was the requested color. It was a quick build and turned out :-\ ok. But he likes it..

Latest posts

Back