1/48 P-38J (Fictional)

Bomber Boy

Static Grass Is The Sh!^
Hey Guys after a short break I've finished this P-38J. She is a fictional plane from the 434th FS of the 479th FG, flying from Wattisham. The nose art is what makes this a Fictional plane as it is the Mascot art for my model clubs Region 2 convention coming up on Oct 4,5 2013 in Roanoke Va, of which I too will include Flyer and Decal sheet of nose art. This is the Academy Kit and was a good build with not a lot of fill needed.

p38_479fg.jpg

P-381.jpg
P-382-1.jpg
P-383.jpg
P384.jpg
P385.jpg
P386.jpg

P387.jpg
P388.jpg
And Now the Nose Art
P389.jpg
P3811.jpg
P3813.jpg
P3814.jpg
P3815.jpg
P3816.jpg
Now the Flyer and Decals
Big-Lick-Flyer-F-Print1.jpg
Big-lick-decals.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
James

And answered my question from the previous thread.
Big company indeed.
And I would have never known here if you had not said
so.
Very good build here too.

Solid build James. Liking the nose art - good luck with the show.

I wish my P-38M went together like that. I'm build the Revell version of it at the moment and there are gaps everywhere :'(

Wait a minute - has this build already been to the show? I'm confused. I just read your other post on the Flivver (re. weathering), which would suggest that it already has :-\

Void Yes it has already been in a show, the show that the nose art is for is in 2013. I put the art on to promote the upcoming Region 2 Convention we will be hosting. The one it has shown in was our yearly show, the Virginia Shootout. Hope that clears things up.

Good luck on that Revell kit, have fun with it!

James

I have a Hasegawa 1/48 P-38J with green tailed dragon decals waiting to be built in the stash. Seeing a very nice P-38 like this one doesn't help.

Latest posts

Back