1/48 Mobelwagen

Jose Luis Lopez

Hello my friends!

Sorry for my long absence from this great forum, but personal and profesional questions have keep me very busy to have time to post my works and comment yours.

This is my last work, Tamiya´s 1/48 Mobelwagen.

A nice kit, but despite its scale, is a complex kit with some obscure points. First one, the lateral basket of the flak, not included in the kit and the many ejection marks on the casamate shields. But anyway, another great kit from my favorite japanese company.

Here, the assembled kit, I just added friul tracks, some handles with wire and the lateral basket.

5-22_zps542066e1.jpg

To achieve easily a nice color modulation and a kind of zenithal light effect, I used my Black and White Technique, using just several shades of grey to make the base and using pure white for the maximum light.

1-44_zps1d53571b.jpg

And some hours later (many many hours later...), this is the result:

3-34_zps2240643e.jpg

2-40_zps70197847.jpg

4-30_zps88f2c0cd.jpg

Hope you like it. Any opinion or suggestion would be highly apreciated.

Now, time to see YOUR works!! ;)

Jose, that looks fantastic. I love the finished look. Weather to me looks grand. What did you make the basket out of?

That looks cool. Great weathering on that. One question though, how did the guy drive it? I don't see a seat or steering column.

Thats an awesome looking beast, even more impressive is that you packed so much detail into a 1/48 kit

top marks!

Looks great Jose! Wonderful job...all your extra technique on the paint job really makes it shine!!

Thank you sirs! .... your feedback is highly apreciated

The driver?, just like any typical Pz IV! The driver´s hatch is inside the casemate

Wow, very impressive.

One question I have is in the first pic the build looks totally completed, how did you manage to paint the interior like that ? Or is it just placed for the photo then painted and attached later...? I see this on quite a few posts and can't work how you get that level of detail and weathering with everything in place . You must either use a ton of masking tape or have some awesome brush skills.

Anyway fantastic stuff.

Thank you very much my friends!

Rookie, the flak was removed to paint the interior of the kit. and you´re right, I really spent a lot of masking tape! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi jose,

Would you mind explaining your black and white pre shading technique?
Ive looked (staring) at these pics and man those are some serious airbrush skills/weathering skills you have.

zappa

:eek: mind blowing stuff!!! ( I'm seriously thinking about selling all my model stuff and start to collect stamps :))

Thanks for the links Jose!

There are some serious talented people here on the forum!

Zappa

Latest posts

Back