1/48 Hasegawa P-40E

redraider56

This is the Hasegawa kit that is royal pain in the butt because of how they planned to make various variants and thus cut up the fuselage to accomodate that. Needless to the say the fit is not the greatest. However, the detail is excellent.

Here's what I've done so far. I added an Eduard instrument panel, placards, and seat belts. I tried a wash for the first time and like the results I got, especially on the seat.

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

Very nice start, your finish on the office looks great. The washes make things pop.

Regarding assembling the fuselage, I've seen some builds where the modeler assembled the pieces of each half, using a piece of plate glass to true them up, and then assembling left and right halves together. Don't know but maybe that helps?

Tidy work on the office :) ....I like the belts ,they look excellent !

Chris.

the Baron said:
Very nice start, your finish on the office looks great. The washes make things pop.

Regarding assembling the fuselage, I've seen some builds where the modeler assembled the pieces of each half, using a piece of plate glass to true them up, and then assembling left and right halves together. Don't know but maybe that helps?

That's what I did, assemble everything before joining the halves. This eliminated the steps but some of the panel lines still don''t line up quite right. They're close enough though. I buttoned things up and am working on sanding and rescribing now.

Great work on the cockpit Redraider56. I like the choice of Preddys' bird, the dragon nose art is cool.

Latest posts

Back