1/48 Aichi D3A1, Manufacturer unknown

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Another unfinished wreck were found. There is no manual, so the manufacturer is unknown. Maybe Hasagawa. Cockpit is done, Bombs and engine too. Lats see what I can do for the unknown Jap

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, we have a little update here. I finished the Cockpit, Fuselage is assebled and the lines filled.
She also get a Tamiya light gray base coat in preparation of the painting.

For initial painting i used Tamiya XF-76 (IJN Gray Green). At the second turn I used Tamiya XF-14 (J.A. Green) to highlight the Panels. It looks really good :) After a few days of drying I deploy the Decals. They are in a much better condition as the Revell´s was... I Did the special Markings for Aircraft-Carrier "Akagi" by masking the letters. Numbers were from kits decal sheet.

and heres some more. Guess, I earned my Hamburger today :)

A word to the Tamiya Primer: I refused to use a primer for a long time. Cause it was a little expensive I never bought. But there were always problems with the used colour. Every time I masked some markings or letters, there were a great risk to pull off the basic colour. Since I use the Primer, this Problems are gone. So, I recommend you to invest the money and buy a primer :)

Finished Duty ;D

I like this bird :) Shes getting her final resting place beside the Fw 190 D9. I ordered an 1/48 japanese Pilot which I still waiting for. I add a small Dirorama and this pilot, when he arrives. The first Images taken on a Model Box, which contains another D3A1.
Pilots seat still missing. It disappeared in my Scrap-Box :-[

Latest posts

Back