1/40th Sikorsky S-76s (A & B?) and 1/30th Bell 222B Twin

Airmedical

The 1/40th Sikorsky S-76s will be scratch built from a wood master S-76A which will be modified and a duplicate made and modified to make an S-76B or C?
I will be scratch building interiors, main & tail totors, landing gears and misc. IF all goes well with the 1/40th, I will be adding to the build additional versions (A+, C, D) as well as a possible 1/30-1/35th S-76A from a plaster master I've been working on and off for years.

The 1/30th Bell 222 is an 80's defunct desk top display model from Bell Helicopter. The models were made with no interiors or clear windows. I will be scratch building the interior, windows, main and tail rotors and misc. detailing.

I will be using Owens Corning RTV-J resin, Freeman repro 83 Urethane resin, balsa, Mr. Sculppy, white and clear plastic sheet stock, various shaped plastic stock, misc. finds I might be able to use.

scratchbuild.jpg

Dang man! You aint messin' 'round buddy!

Looking forward to seeing how you do this! Good luck mate!

WOW...Kool, Lots of of work planned here can't wait to see the progress. Good Luck :D

Son any time someone uses the term "wood masters" I take off running. That's a ton of work for a 12 week window. But God I love choppers!

AM, a scratch build chopper? this way to cool, count me in!!! ;D

Thanks guys! I am pushing a 12 week window for sure. I needed an excuse to get to work on these projects to move it further forward. O'boy!
I think I'm looking more forward to seeing everyones work. There are some serious kicken builders here. Out of the box? What's that?

Good luck to all. Looking forward to seeing the builds.
John

Well, I sure wish I had some pictures to show but I'm sorry to report that I've had too many distractions and priorities come up and never got to get started. It will be a general bench project now that I will get to work on later this summer. So I'm out of the Big Spring Contest for this year. :'(

I will post progress on the build once I get started. Trust me when I say I am suffering from model building withdrawl. Man I need my fix!!!

Thank you for your intrest! ;)
I look forward to seeing everyones final builds for the contest. Hope it means I can still vote. Good luck to all.

Cheers
John

Latest posts

Back