1/35th AFV Walker Bulldog

nickt666

Hi, Just thought I'd post some pics of a recent kit I built. It's a 1/35th scale Walker Bulldog tank. Basically straight out of the box. Thanks, Nick.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks! I have a couple more I finished recently & Ill post them soon, hopefully! Cheers! :)

Looks good! I had a 1:1 scale Bulldog looming over me all day yesterday as I did repair work on a WWI French 75mm at Ft. Dix.

Wow! That must be fantastic! I dont really get to be near any REAL armour! Would be great for reference as well I bet! haha!

NICK,

Nice lookin' Bulldog !! Hey ... check out th New SMA video ... I did a report from th Tank Farm & I show footage of a Bulldog tooling around. I have more footage & will get it together & get it up on YT .

Real nice Job on th Bulldog !!

Nice & clean build, nickt666 :)

Is this the old mould from Tamiya ? That´s a classic! I remember well that the Bulldog was the first model I built "seriously" ( oh, well ;D c´mon ) back when Mr. Reagan was a almost a newbie back at W.H. ;)

Salud!
RG

Yeah PanzerAce! I saw the footage you shot, excellent stuff! I dont get to see anything like that where I am. It must be great to see the things we build as kits in real life! I'm jealous!!
Jelly, this is actually an AFV kit & was straight out of the box. I really need to get some putty to fill in the gaps, especially on the hull & turret. Will do that on my next build if I get around to it. It is a very nice kit with a few PE parts. It is a very nice kit though. Am going to build a Centurion tank by AFV as well fairly soon. I have also built a Long Tom artillery piece by AFV recently & will post some pics of that as well very soon.
Thanks Scott. The moulding of the tracks is superb! I obviously didnt have to do anything to them to make them look good, they are beautifully made & are probably my favourite part of the whole kit! Haha!

Oh can't wait to see the pics of the long Tom I was going to get one

Hi spud, here are the pics of the Long Tom kit by AFV. its a great kit but I didnt make the best job of it. It was the first 1/35th ive done in over 20 years so it was a bit of a practice kit. The pics aren't great either but they'll give you an idea of what it's like. I'd actually like to make another one & make a better go of it next time. The kit itself is very good though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

only for the mold lines on the tires it looks fine to me but thats an easy fix. defo a kit im going to get.

True, I get a bit slack regarding mould lines in general as well as ejection pin points. I really need to pay more attention to the joins & fill them with putty & spend more time filing down the imperfections. I guess I just get too keen & want to build & paint them! So sad. I do know that is the attention to those details that can really make a decent build. Guess I need "a little patience" as some guy called Axl once said ;)

lol ya filling is a pain but it dont take long to dry so you should prob get around to it sooner rater than later. and i think we all love to do the paint

A couple of fine builds Nick . Well done fella :)

Chris.

That dog is off the chain and the bang-bang Tom isn't to bad either! ;D

Good work all around!!

Love the GUN ... LOL I'm a sucker for Artillery... Gun envy ! LOL

don't worry too much about nick nacks...... You get out what you put in !!!!

if you want to have FUN have fun.... will be following your builds...

your skills will get Honed as you go along... Keep up the good work !

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the words of encouragement! I just finished the Tamiya 1/35th M577 Command Post with figures kit. Really overdid the "weathering" on it using too much pigment. I was really happy with it until I added too much. Too late now! Haha. I'm just about to start a 1/6th Dragon Pak 38. Never made a kit as big as this before. Should be a real challenge. In fact I dont even know where to start, it seems like a whole different ballgame! If it turns out ok Ill post some pics. once again, thanks for the support!

Yep, It's 1/6th! I also have a 1/6th Schwimmwagon to build after that. I will post some pix as soon as I start the build!

Latest posts

Back