1/35 M3A3E8 Academy Sherman

oldnewbie

Anyone which Fruil metal tracks I should get, or are there any other companies that make metal tracks that are recommended.
This is my first tank build.

What Type of track is it supposed to have?

Fruili makes Sherman tracks:

T54E
T51
T48
T66
Sherman Firefly

I think the Easy 8 Sherman wore the T66 tracks, but I am not 100% certain on that, the Fruili set is ATL89

Now thats where I'm lost. The box kit doesn't say what type it is and I'm searching the net looking for the answer aaarrgh.

Hey oldnewbie, i checked it out on the internet and the tasca easy 8 comes with the t66 tracks. i hope that helps.

panzerman75 :)

Oldnewbie,

The correct tracks for an Early production E8 Sherman would be the T-66 dry pin tracks. Later during the war the T-80 all steel chevron tracks were introduced. I am currently working on the Tasca E8 kit tracks myself. They are tricky to put together as well as being able to remain workable. I feel plastic tracks are as good as you will get in my opinion. A few years ago a company by the name of Armor Track Model Co. offered plastick indy link track. These were THE Best on the market. Sadly they have been taken over by Trumpeter and as I have been told the plastic used to mold the sets is of a much softer variety making assembly difficult. Fruil tracks while cast very nicely I feel they put too much weight on the Idler wheels, Drive sprockets and support rollers causing them to toe out a bit.

Try the kit tracks again. Once you have a few links made up it goes quickly.
Best wishes!

Frank Blanton

I want to thank you Frank and Elm city hobbies for the awesome info. Thats why I'm here and as soon as I get a little better with this computer thing I will post pics of the kit, since it is still in the box. I just bought wednesday and can't wait. Again thanks.

Latest posts

Back