1/35 Academy Tiger I Mittleres Produktionslos

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
My Full-Interor Tiger with self made Zimmeritbeschichtung. God, thats the worst Model i EVER built.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It was the worst, because it had more molding-dots than parts. Many of them were at the visible side :-( And most of the parts doesn´t fit to each other. I had to use many Putty and a squarefeet of Sanding paper, hehe!

I have that kit in the stash, thanks for the warning. But you did an awesome job with it, the zim looks really nice.

Ejector pin marks are a pain in deed!

What I like about some Newer kits is, the ejectors are sometime on the Sprue supports, and it make all the difference in the world !

Maybe those pesky ejector marks were the real reason for me parking the big Cat after all !

You sure did a great job on it anyway!

I think you done a cracking job on that Tiggy buddy . I have that kit and understand your pain ..lol ,great work on the zimm too ..very nice . Mine has been resting in the box for quite a while ,I did start on the interior ,but lost interest for the same reasons you mention .There's no comparison when you have a few Dragon Tigers in the stash !!!

Chris.

Chris S said:
I think you done a cracking job on that Tiggy buddy . I have that kit and understand your pain ..lol ,great work on the zimm too ..very nice . Mine has been resting in the box for quite a while ,I did start on the interior ,but lost interest for the same reasons you mention .There's no comparison when you have a few Dragon Tigers in the stash !!!

Chris.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But the Academy Tiger is the only one with interior. No other manufacturer has it and the aftermarket items are too expensive and on low quality for my taste. Regarding the Panzer IV i even built. Interior made from resine and its very difficult to work with it. They wrote, it fits with the Italeri kit, but it doesnt! I had to modify many parts and that interor kit isnt worth any cent.

Man that is a cracking job Chief, superb work on that interior.............ya must have the patience of a saint buddy to add all that lot...........first class job tho fella, well done!! 8)

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back