1/24 Fujimi Porsche 356B Roadster 1600s

trainman

I’m considering building a 1/24 Fujimi Porsche 356B Roadster 1600s, I bought this kit years ago (early 1990s) and never got around to building it. Looks like a very impressive kit (lots of parts) just wondering if anyone here is familiar with this kit. I’d like to build it as it was in 1961 but I’m not sure about body and interior color match. There are some suggestions in the instructions but it’s kind of vague. Thank you, Pierre 8)

Thats a cool old kit. I would be hard pressed to not make it race version myself. Matching factory colors can be a huge pain. I would first start by researching the 356 on the net. I would choose the color combo I wanted to go with then begin looking at differant paint manufacturers color samples to find a close match. I've had to mix my own colors to match in some situations.

Hi liquorboxracing, I’ve been searching the net and found lots of photos mostly in “classic” color combos, the hard part is deciding which one. I also thought about building it as a tuner, then anything goes. Any ideas? Pierre 8)

I love the 356 in full race dress! It's a tuff call for me as to weather I like the old vintage road race look, or a more modern version on the old 356. I know it's tuff to find a cooler color on a 356 (though it was used to death on them) than Porsche Silver Met. That color jsut fits that car so well in my opinion. Here's a couple pics with styles to concider.

1958PorscheSpeedster_01_700.jpg
A modern race set up.

Porsche_Slide03.jpg
This car was actually Silver and Red. I believe this was Bruce Jennings Carrera GT back in 1958-59.

The choice is up to you though. Just food for thought.

Nice photos, here’s a few color combos I’m considering: Black / Red, Yellow / Black, Sliver / Black. But I’m still puzzled about the under-frame color; the instructions seem to indicate that it would be the same as the body color. Do you have any ideas on that? Pierre 8)

All 356's I've seen after being restored have had a satin black undercarriage. I have never seen a mint unrestored 356 to know how they were from factory. More than likely thebottom of the car would have had what ever base ( such as primer or sealant to prevent corrosion ) then it would have had over spray from what ever the body color was from the rockers inward. But honestly that is just an assumption on my part, I do not know for sure. Restored, or race ready cars that I have been around had there undercarriages done in satin black.

Hi liquorboxracing, a restored version would probably be easier to build, I could simply match the color so it’s close enough. Pierre 8)

Latest posts

Back