1/144 HGUC 08th MS Team Diorama

gregfrank

Hi all! This is my first build on SMA and I couldn't be more excited about it. For my build I plan on doing a scene inspired by (but not replicating) the urban scene between the Gouf Custom and the Gundam team.

Here are the kits I'll be using in the dio.

15cdf5e2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's come together!

Cool !

You do know that the Zaku is slightly different in 08th MS team than in the original series ? The shoulder plate, the panel lines are different.

I'm also using an old FG Zaku II that I built a few years ago. It started off looking new, then a few years later I added battle damage, and I just added a dark wash to it this morning. I'm thinking it will be more a part of the scenery than an actual working suit in the dio, not quite sure yet.

278472_3761141036373_1887504890_o.jpg
256352_3761140796367_1474536880_o.jpg
479395_3761140396357_363610305_o.jpg

YOULI said:
Cool !

You do know that the Zaku is slightly different in 08th MS team than in the original series ? The shoulder plate, the panel lines are different.

Thanks YOULI. I guess I've never noticed that. I'll have to watch the series again (my favorite kind of research ;D)

Nice concept...looking forward to seeing where you go with it!!!

gregfrank said:
YOULI said:
Cool !

Thanks YOULI. I guess I've never noticed that. I'll have to watch the series again (my favorite kind of research ;D)

Just check on this website, the complete mecha list is here.
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/08thmsteam/index.htm

The Zaku look like this in this OVA
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/08thmsteam/ms-06jc.htm
ms-06jc.jpg

As you can see there is a number of differences.

Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked. Who would have thought six kits would be so much work? A LOT of cutting, cleaning, and sanding parts today tying to build up to the big paint session.

To ward of the tedium of it all I did build a machine gun.
dd3b6ea2.jpg
and after a date with the pin vise
b5253f84.jpg

I also got one of my two hover trucks together and painted.
22bc3143.jpg
c820c7db.jpg
e9fe3e1c.jpg

Don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow but I'll try to keep this as up to date as possible.

Not the amount, it's the quality! Looking great!! I like those hover truck!! Clean building!! ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I'm very happy with the way the truck turned out. I've been building these kits for over a decade and this is the first time I've every really attempted painting while building instead of assembling then masking. I must say I'm happy so far with the results that I'm getting. I'm hoping to have my first suit done by Sunday (at least have some more pics up by then). Hoping to tackle one a week, but we'll see how it goes. Since the diorama is a street with buildings/wooded scene I'm just trying to give myself enough time to get the suits done and then finish the base and have everything look the way it does in my head. More to follow soon!

Holy cow where does the time go? Anyway, after an unexpected week off from the Gundam build I finally got some work done. I have all the parts for my first suit painted, but I am still working on the detail so not all of it is together yet. This RX-79(G) kit is by far the most complex of the six I have to build (and of course I have two of them to do!). I have started all of the kits in some way so after this one is finished the others should come together a little more smoothly.

Anyway, here's where I'm at. Hope you like it.

DSC_0033_zps2e027885.jpg

DSC_0034_zps5f811fa0.jpg

DSC_0035_zps78ac4bd4.jpg

DSC_0039_zps86fd4822.jpg

DSC_0040_zps5f8f822a.jpg

Thanks for looking! Should have much more by next weekend.

One down, five to go. I'm going to wait to do my damage and weathering once they're all together to keep it uniform. So until then, some pristine Mobile Suits.

DSC_0042_zpsb6498737.jpg

Nice work! Looking forward to seeing a little battle wear!!! Keep it going!!!

Very cool! Loving the GM head on the rx-79G! I wish they would make a hover truck in 1/100.

Latest posts

Back