1/144 HGUC 08th MS Team Diorama

steezy said:
Very cool! Loving the GM head on the rx-79G! I wish they would make a hover truck in 1/100.

Or in a larger scale....

Nice work so far, keep it coming!

Fruit said:
That is looking absolutely gorgeous!

Grendels said:
steezy said:
Very cool! Loving the GM head on the rx-79G! I wish they would make a hover truck in 1/100.

Or in a larger scale....

Nice work so far, keep it coming!

I am a magic fairy of course, and I can make that wish come true...

And presto!

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban948085

1/35 scale :D

lol I wish they would make an EZ8 and RX-79g in 1/35th:)

Hello everyone! Spending a few hours here and there throughout the week and the Zaku is almost done. All of the parts are together glued and sanded up to the point that I can still pull it apart to paint. I still have to put together the hands and I am going to scratch build the mono-eye since the one that comes with the kit is just a smooth grey piece with a pink sticker. But enough talk, pictures!

I modified the from skirt since the 08th MS Team Zaku's are different from the 0079 ones (Thanks YOULI for posting the differences)

Before:
DSC_0041_zpsd599ede5.jpg

After:
DSC_0042_zpsf1576e3a.jpg

The seams on this kit were much worse than the RX-79G so much more work was needed getting them smooth
DSC_0043_zps9c839ab1.jpg

DSC_0044_zpsc612727a.jpg

And the dryfit so see how it all does together
DSC_0045_zpsb9691105.jpg

DSC_0046_zps1ea7b3fb.jpg

DSC_0047_zps45b91d67.jpg

DSC_0048_zps8016a4be.jpg

Hello everyone, long time no post. My plan was to paint my Zaku and post some more pics within a few days of my last update. Then I realized that I have another Zaku that is going to painted the exact same colors so why wouldn't I paint then together? Then I thought, "Two identical Zakus? How boring!" So I took my time and made some cosmetic modifications. Those will be explained with the following photos.

DSC_00452_zps7ed7e68a.jpg

First off I assume you'll notice the Gouf Shield. The concept that I have going is that, being a command model, he's seen his fair share of combat. That being said, his ability to get parts on the front lines would be limited so they would have make due during repairs.

DSC_00462_zps94c09f36.jpg

He's also managed to lose a knee cap and misplaced the spikes in his shoulder armor (I remember seeing something along these lines in the OVA).

DSC_00472_zpsc1c6db15.jpg

In case anyone's wondering, none of the suits have hands because they assemble around the weapons which I have not quite gotten to yet (laziness on my part really).

DSC_00482_zps206dcaed.jpg

I still need to do the the modification to the front skirt like I did on the green one. I'll do that tomorrow before I put primer on them both. Here's a picture of them together to see the differences.

DSC_00442_zps4eccb467.jpg

I will differentiate the paint jobs a bit to add character and so they don't look like carbon copies. If it turns out as good as it looks in my head I should be quite pleased.

Thank you for looking, and thanks for all the comments! Really enjoying this group build and seeing what everyone is doing with it. A lot of great suits so far!

Well, it's January 31st and I am no where near finished. Although I do plan on finishing this in the eventual future, I am currently in a dual Masters degree program which basically takes up all of my time outside of work so I haven't even touched a model since November. Anyway, I still had a lot of fun and hope to finish up some projects during my next break at the end of March. I am uploading the remaining pictures that I took to show my progress, they were supposed to be part of a much larger update, oh well.

DSC_0051_zpsc8ca9a77.jpg

DSC_0052_zps760e0769.jpg

Hope to still work on this here and there. Good job everyone, we really had some good looking Mobile Suits. Thanks for all the views and comments!

I love your paint job... THe kits already lost their toy-like look. :)

Keep up the good work. :D

Latest posts

Back