PT 17 (USN N2S) Stearman Navy trianer

scratchmod

This is my entry in the plane category. I am building this OOTB for a good friend who trained Navy pilots at Norman Ok. during WWII. I could go all out and scratch a new cockpit and detail the motor, but I want to get this done quick and present it to him soon. He is in his late 80's and his health is not that good so I want to do this one first.
The kit is very old and lacks in detail but it's the only plastic model out there. I may do a form of CM to add some life to the model since it's an all yellow plane . This model won't win anything which suits me fine since I am entering several models to help promote and support the contest. It's all about having FUN and that's what I plan on doing. ;D

SMAentries005.jpg

SMAentries004.jpg

scratchmod

You building OOTB that's goona be something new. At least for me ;)
Cheers

LOL believe it or not some of my rust buckets are OOTB ;D It's just that I leave off lots of parts and alter or damage others. OK it's maybe one or two ;D ;D Yeah this is weird for me too..the temptation to scratch the cockpit is very stronge but I have to resist.

Rob

Bet you could scratch build something with it... as what you have said, its kinda tribute to the guy. :)

I reckon its in the right hands ,you'll make a minter out of this one ;)

Chris.

Great Choice Rob and a nice gesture to a friend! Can't wait to watch your progress! I have a winged thing waiting to be started for the SMA's! I need to get off my butt and get a thread started! :p

Very nice indeed Rob and i`ll look forward to this one buddy, great idea with the presentation to your friend as well................remember..no rust on this one..LOL ;D

`Boots`

;D yeah, come on `T`........catch up buddy.. ;D

Found this on page 4 too ;D,

;D WOT NO PROGRESS ;D

Chris.

I have done some work on this. But that's only joining the fuselage and adding filler...man this kit is a real dog.

Hi, I wonder if this kit was the old 1/72 Revell one. If so, how did the build end? Thanks.

This is another thread whose author hasn't been around in quite a while, not since 2013. We may never know.

The forum is in its second incarnation. It was started around 2006, I think, as the ModelNerd Herd. Around 10 years ago, maybe, we moved to a new host, this one, and rebranded as the Scale Model Addict forum. The original creator handed over the admin role to the current admins, and he just pops in occasionally. Some of the members didn't come along with the move. I suspect that this fella and the one who posted the 1/48 Stearman build are among those.

But welcome, and let's see what you build!

Best regards,
Brad

This is another thread whose author hasn't been around in quite a while, not since 2013. We may never know.

The forum is in its second incarnation. It was started around 2006, I think, as the ModelNerd Herd. Around 10 years ago, maybe, we moved to a new host, this one, and rebranded as the Scale Model Addict forum. The original creator handed over the admin role to the current admins, and he just pops in occasionally. Some of the members didn't come along with the move. I suspect that this fella and the one who posted the 1/48 Stearman build are among those.

But welcome, and let's see what you build!

Best regards,
Brad
Thanks! I'm progressing very slowly due to little time available + trying to improve a bit this little kit.

Latest posts

Back