P-61 Black Widow (Latrodectus mactans)

Oscar- Duce! Great aircraft! There was a movie with Danny Glover and Gene Hackman titled Bat-21 where that plan was used as search and recon plane. I love that movie, well worth the watch.
Based on a true story, excellent evasion and rescue.

I have the same kit in my stash that Gary put together. Now I'm scared to open it. Seriously, if it's anything like the Revell F4U-4 Corsair it will be another miserable experience.

Thank you.
I'm still learning.

I really like your build of your P-61. You did an amazing job!
All I've built is Revell. Growing up as a kid and now when I'm retired. I don't know why but I always thought they were the best kits. I think a lot of it has to do with the art illustration on the box. And now I've tried Tamiya and I was simply flabbergasted at how beautiful the engineering is on those models. I was so used to Revell and forcing it together with tape and vice grips and sanding and putty. Every model had a couple challenges in it and I just thought that was the norm. And then YouTube came along.. but, again, nice work on the interior.

All I've built is Revell. Growing up as a kid and now when I'm retired. I don't know why but I always thought they were the best kits. I think a lot of it has to do with the art illustration on the box. And now I've tried Tamiya and I was simply flabbergasted at how beautiful the engineering is on those models. I was so used to Revell and forcing it together with tape and vice grips and sanding and putty. Every model had a couple challenges in it and I just thought that was the norm. And then YouTube came along.. but, again, nice work on the interior.
TAPE and VICE GRIPS!!!!!
Love it!!!!:p:D

Thank you,

Same with me.
When I was a youngster Revell was all I ever knew, and I was fine with that. I would sit at the kitchen table with news paper spread out, and a crumpled tube of Testors glue oozing from the tip onto the Sunday paper, I twisted and broke the parts from their sprue then slathered the glue over the gnarled peices. Ten minutes later the kit was outside with a couple of Black Cat fuses sizzling from the fuselage as the plane was launched through the air... *POW!* :D :p

Recently I came back to the hobby, and like you, I found Tamiya. Yes, they are so well engineered to the point of almost reminding me of the  Snap-Tite models.
The kit that got the most kudos is the Tamiya P-38.
Now, I meticulously cut, and sand a little where needed, instead of ripping the parts off like a Neanderthal.

Retirement for me is December, but I might hold on for a little longer to build that pension up.
I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap.

Thank you,

Same with me.
When I was a youngster Revell was all I ever knew, and I was fine with that. I would sit at the kitchen table with news paper spread out, and a crumpled tube of Testors glue oozing from the tip onto the Sunday paper, I twisted and broke the parts from their sprue then slathered the glue over the gnarled peices. Ten minutes later the kit was outside with a couple of Black Cat fuses sizzling from the fuselage as the plane was launched through the air... *POW!* :D :p

Recently I came back to the hobby, and like you, I found Tamiya. Yes, they are so well engineered to the point of almost reminding me of the  Snap-Tite models.
The kit that got the most kudos is the Tamiya P-38.
Now, I meticulously cut, and sand a little where needed, instead of ripping the parts off like a Neanderthal.

Retirement for me is December, but I might hold on for a little longer to build that pension up.
I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap.
Like it..... opps, sorry to wake you up. Pantherman

Back