F-35b part 4

I know. Tell me about it. Learning a whole lot as I go. At first I watched a lot of YouTube videos and got two planes under my belt and then dived into this cuz I thought it looked cool. I did not realize what I was getting into. I mean you know it's got to look kind of real, I mean there's one guy in here that builds pink tanks. Man what's up with that? Just kidding. By the way that was a good story. I was partial to roadrunner and coyote and Foghorn Leghorn. I don't know if you're like me but when I build a model I'm always thinking way down the road. Instructions and building steps are just a suggestion. But it calms me down and time flies.

20240520_141016.jpg

20240520_144037.jpg

I know. Tell me about it. Learning a whole lot as I go. At first I watched a lot of YouTube videos and got two planes under my belt and then dived into this cuz I thought it looked cool. I did not realize what I was getting into. I mean you know it's got to look kind of real, I mean there's one guy in here that builds pink tanks. Man what's up with that? Just kidding. By the way that was a good story. I was partial to roadrunner and coyote and Foghorn Leghorn. I don't know if you're like me but when I build a model I'm always thinking way down the road. Instructions and building steps are just a suggestion. But it calms me down and time flies.

View attachment 117508

View attachment 117509
Yeah, definitely needs some pink undercarriage maybe......... Pantherman

Yeah, definitely needs some pink undercarriage maybe......... Pantherman
In your honor. Just for you. I'm going to paint a knob in the cockpit pink. It will be a custom color too! Cuz I don't carry pink on hand, so I'm going to have to mix red and white with a hint of blue

In your honor. Just for you. I'm going to paint a knob in the cockpit pink. It will be a custom color too! Cuz I don't carry pink on hand, so I'm going to have to mix red and white with a hint of blue
I'm touched that you would honour the old Pantherman by adding PM pink to your build, many thanks. Pantherman

I'm touched that you would honour the old Pantherman by adding PM pink to your build, many thanks.

I'm touched that you would honour the old Pantherman by adding PM pink to your build, many thanks. Pantherman
You're very welcome. Maybe we'll start a trend. Every model has to have something pink in it? Heck that sounds kind of like fun. I'm in

I think after this build I'm going to build something where I can freehand the outside with maybe some camouflage that doesn't require any masking cuz, quite frankly? I have to wear my magnifiers you know my readers it's only a 2 but after a couple hours you got to take a break and you feel a little weird it's like your eyes are bugging out of your head. Too much concentrating on little, tiny stuff. But I'm pretty sure tomorrow or the next day I'm going to throw some paint on this we'll see how it turns out. My luck I won't even be able to find all the masking. 2 years down the road you'll find a little piece of masking on it oh yeah look at that. Kind of like that Christmas knick knack or a string of outside lights you find 6 months later

20240521_162337.jpg

20240521_174415.jpg

Oooh, I think I can work with this. I'm thinking if I ghost out the whole plane with a slightly different shade of gray. Just give it a fog. That's exactly the effect I wanted now I just need to kind of blend it all in so that it's not such a stark outline.

20240522_133345.jpg

20240522_133356.jpg

20240522_135005.jpg

Thanks Pantherman. I'm studying it as I go thinking if I use a different shade of gray that might mess it all up. Maybe it would be better to take the body color and just dilute it?

Latest posts

Back