Cub Scout Activity?

Buff76

I am looking to setup an activity for Cub Scouts (5-10 years old). I would like to have them build some model airplanes (or etc.). I am looking for way to purchase a collection of kits that are either uniform or similar so that I can educate the scouts on this hobby and give them something fun to do and that will take several weeks during our meetings to build. Thanks for you assistance.

My advice? Snap together model kits. Hobby Lobby has a few to choose from from Star Wars to WW2 aircrafts - the P-51 Mustang is a good start.

Since you have young boys in the Cub Scouts, I’d stay away from glue together kits. At least snap kits are easy to do. Some are already painted so no painting and decals are involved.

Maybe something along these lines , kits in the top of this page :
https://www.megahobby.com/shop?search_query=wood
( not the 900 dollar ships , ;) )

Some interesting kits in the 15 to 20 dollar range on this page and beyond :
https://ugears.us/collections/all-products

Regular white glue is fine where adhesive is required .
IDK if the plan is for each kid to have their own kit or maybe 2 or more working on a more involved build that is in a higher price range .

Art supply and even some hardware stores sell water soluble dyes in a large range of colors that you can use as a colorant with those wood kits which works well with that aesthetic .

Last edited:
I am looking to setup an activity for Cub Scouts (5-10 years old). I would like to have them build some model airplanes (or etc.). I am looking for way to purchase a collection of kits that are either uniform or similar so that I can educate the scouts on this hobby and give them something fun to do and that will take several weeks during our meetings to build. Thanks for you assistance.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd!
Since we've mentioned hobby and craft shops, something else to consider is talking to the owner or store manager and seeing if he's interested in donating kits and materials. For the store, it's good publicity and it helps foster future customers.
Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back