Zvezda BTR-80A

andrei383

Hi everyone, just got done with the Zvezda 1/35th BTR-80A. I got this kit mainly as a cheap test kit to learn new techniques and to get accustomed to AK Interactive products (which are great, btw). Quite a number of issues with this kit, especially when fitting the upper and lower hull! It was definitely not an easy build! After that, the vehicle was 100% brush painted.

I also did a bit of scratch building with Evergreen styrene to build the wooden box on the side.

Weathering was with the AK Interactive NATO set for the filter and wash, and the Heavy Mud Set to do mud and dust effects. Also used was the Rust Streaks and pigments for the exhaust and Fuel Stains.

Overall, I am greatly impressed with the AK Interactive products that I have used so far for the great effects and ease of use and based on this, I will definitely try out more of their products!

DSC_3504.jpg

DSC_3498.jpg

DSC_3499.jpg

DSC_3503.jpg

AK i think are the Best once they start adding more pigments we will be laughing because there pigments are Awsome.

and your BTR turned out Pretty Awsome well done

Andrei,I read that twice. Great painting. I would have never guessed. What type and brand of paint did you use? I am still sitting here with my mouth open!

thanks to the both of you! :D

Peppy, I use Revell Acrylics for painting, when thinned just right, they dry without brushmarks! :eek: For weathering though, I use AK Interactive products.

Nice job !!! I had that kit but sold it.... now ! I regret it.... Looks quite the part !

Keep up the good work !!! you made that kit shine !!! Awesome !

Very well done. I would have never known you brushed painted if you didn't say so, nice.

A+ for brush painting, which I think is a dying art. and you did a great job on assembly. those zevesda kits can be challenging!

Yeah, Andrei, the results are terrific, you´ve got a beautiful model there!

A nice & cocky BTR... handpainted, wow

Congrats, Andrei :)
RG

Latest posts

Back