Your most wanted ship Kit...

DreamKnight

Which ship model kit that's currently on your most wanted list? It can be currently out on the market or announced as a feature release.

USS Wasp (CV-7) and USS Ranger (CV-4), in 1/700, injection-molded styrene.

There are kits of these subjects, in resin, from Corsair Armada, but they're currently out of print again (they had been re-issued briefy a couple of years ago). The resin kits are very nice, but almost impossible to find.

With those two, I could model the first 9 US carriers, from the Langley to the Essex.

They have released a new USS WASP LHD-1 but that's not the CV-7. Raving reviews about the LHD-1 though.

Mine would be that or the USS Enterprise 1/350 by Tamiya. :)

Yes, as far as I know, Corsair Armada is the only maker ever to have modeled CV-7. Revell, of course, had a kit of her Essex-class successor, CV-18, as the Mercury or Gemini recovery ship, but not the earlier Wasp. That may have be the same mold as their kits of the Intrepid and the Franklin, too.

I think Revell also did the later Ranger from the Forrestal class, too, but again, I don't think anyone else but CA has ever kitted CV-4. I forget who has the Langley kit, but I've seen it on some dealers' tables at recent shows.

Always wanted to make the old Airfix sea rescue boat... nice and easy, no rigging! Perhaps a Battle of Britain diorama. I'd make a model of the aircraft shot down in the channel by my great uncle Cecil.

I don't see any blips on the radar for them YET, but I would like to see kits of the boats from Discovery channels "Deadliest Catch" series.

Anything that floats (well, the real one does)

Just getting my sea legs wet so I just need boats to build for experience. First tiny 1/600 I know I can already improve on

Wooden?......Trekh Ierarkhov! 66 gun Russian Frigate (not a kit, would have to do it off plans, but they are out there)

Plastic?....1/350 Ticonderoga class Aircraft Carrier. Would like to make it to 1960's conversion of the USS Randolph (my Dad's ship)

Civil War Monitor

Comfortablynumb's 1/350 Yamato, after seeing that build, crap, I would love to have that.

And of course, The new Uss Arizona from Trumpeter with all the bells and whistles.

These are just the top 5

i would like to do a 1/400 Titanic to the 9's, (like the stickyones). Also, I would like to try the Revell container ship.

Already have my most wanted wooden ship kit in the stash, the Model Shipways 1/65 scale Bluenose. In plastic, I would love to have one of the revell Germany 1/72 class 7 Uboats or USN Gato Class subs.

I would like to see an accurate plastic kit of the CSS Alabama in 1/192nd scale.
Half the size of the old inaccurate 1/96th scale Revell kit.

USS Ranger (CV-4) in 1/700 injection-molded styrene. Trumpeter has a kit in 1/350, but my scale is 1/700.
I waited for years for the USS Wasp (CV-7) in 1/700, injection-molded, and eventually, Aoshima brought one out. So, this may happen, too, someday.
I know there are resin kits of these ships in my scale, but I don't want to screw around with resin kits. And they are relatively expensive, and out of print.

A followup: I just saw that this is a zombie thread. I gave this same answer 14 years ago. Sorry for the duplication!

I wonder whatever happened to the OP, DreamKnight. He was last active in 2015.

I already have the one I want in my stash. Tamiya 1/350 USS Missouri BB-63

Latest posts

Back