Yeaaaah ! Contest time !!!

schweinhund227

;D Oh wow !!!

First: Decide What to built ?
Second: Store away those Half started unfinished projects ??
Third: Where to get the Energy and Will to finish this on Time ???

I have some kewl kits making their way from H.K. and can't wait to "weigh in" the pro and cons of each and the probability of me "being able" to finish "ONE" on time!

Thanks to Scott and his Team.... to bring this up again this Year !

Now lets Dust off those Work Benches !!!

Happy building to all !!! and lets have FUN !

PS: Love the THEME ! it can lead to some pretty Cool looking creations !!!

Have my project all ready lined up in ...After-Life
Going through my bitz box pulling out interesting part and stowing them for April 1.
Good Luck everybody.

I have one kit on the top of the stash waiting and one ordered specially for the contest on the way.
Hope to see lots of people joining in. Good luck to all of you.
Cheers.

Got one off to the side, might grab something else I have been looking to do and cleaned of one bench already. ;) Lot's of fun to be had....Good luck to all! :D

I got my kit for the contest this past weekend. Just went to lhs and picked something out like i did for last years contest. Cant wait to tare into it. Stepping out of my comfort zone for this one! ;D

I got to 2 Humvee but undecided what will I enter, I ordered a DML Tank but it will arrived on the second week of April, reviews tells that it had 700 parts... Well Good luck to us all!!!

So ready fro the contest ... still have no idea what I am going to start on first ... Prolly just be able to finish "Big Train"

I just picked up my second model for the contest, so I will have to work extra hard to get them both done. Only a little over a week left to finish up my current builds. Got to get em done!

I am almost ready with my kit. Just waiting on one AM part to arrive. Yikes! I hope it gets here in time... ???

Finally decided on my entry... now to wait patiently for the next three days!

:-\

Can you say under new management?

captured.jpg

That half track is super cool! Is that new? Can't go wrong with that. it's got lots of character right off the bat.

Hmmm. WoW !! No aftermarket at All ! :eek: Hells Yeah ! Interesting all the way around. Slightly out of the 'Ol comfy Zone .... " This is 'Ol School Baaaaby !" (voiced by Dick Vital)

No doubt .... what to build. At least I have 3 days to think about it ! ;D

Great lookin' kit KEN !! Although I've herd that the Cab on th HT is a bit ..."testy". Phat lookin' Quad !! Fire Power ! Sadly that Quad really didn't have that much to shoot at. ....Unless you count Ground targets. :eek:

3 Days & a Wake up !!

noname said:
That half track is super cool! Is that new? Can't go wrong with that. it's got lots of character right off the bat.

I don't think it's new, I'm pretty sure this kit has been around for a while. I could be mistaken, I don't build too much German stuff.

I was thinking the same thing you mentioned, lots of character in this thing, plenty of straight lines and square panels for shading/highlighting etc.

8)

TRM said:
Saaaweeeet Ken! I can only imagine! ::)

Think beat to heck, OD re paint, quickly stenciled Allied stars and the gun jury rigged into the bed.

8)

panzerace007 said:
Hmmm. WoW !! No aftermarket at All ! :eek: Hells Yeah ! Interesting all the way around. Slightly out of the 'Ol comfy Zone .... " This is 'Ol School Baaaaby !" (voiced by Dick Vital)

No doubt .... what to build. At least I have 3 days to think about it ! ;D

Great lookin' kit KEN !! Although I've herd that the Cab on th HT is a bit ..."testy". Phat lookin' Quad !! Fire Power ! Sadly that Quad really didn't have that much to shoot at. ....Unless you count Ground targets. :eek:

3 Days & a Wake up !!

Nope, no aftermarket. I have three months bro, not three years,lol. It's all about the paint and the finish, although I might throw in some spares like gear, or scratch built stuff.

Thanks for the heads up on the cab fit, I'll keep my eyes pealed.

So Ken ! that Combo is a "What IF right" ? just fooling around ! I don't recall ever seeing a quad on the back of this HT before..... if it is just to have fun? I wont be picking at you for having a loose artistic license ! a good one at that !!! LOL after all ! If we can't have FUN.... no sense doing this Hobby !!!!

I will try to put some of your Oil Wash and filter technique to good use this time around... My kits haven't shown up as of yet !!! I'm getting worried !!!

Time for Plan B !

Definitely a 'what-if', I have no photos of this combination.

I'm fairly certain I've seen a photo of one of these late version half tracks disabled/abandoned in the Ardennes and the M55 is a weapon designed for the airborne troops so I think it's feasible that it could have happened if someone wanted to go through the trouble...

but like you said it's really all about fun.

I think it will be a cool looking vehicle, even if the armchair generals send me to the brig. ;) ;D

Splashcoat, I don't believe there is any particular "theme" It's just covering the different genres.

CATEGORIES
ARMOR (new build)
AIR (new build)
SCI-FI (new build)
VEHICLES (new build)
FIGURES (new build)
DIORAMAS (new build)
EVERYTHING ELSE (can be old build)

SPECIAL THEME - AFTER-LIFE (new build)
Anything that finds a use after it's normal life has come to an end. From tanks made into firetrucks, to suburban mini-vans made into death machines, to zombies, to the world after man, to a rusty Crown Victoria and everything in between.

Includes machines/vehicles 'reconfigured' for alternate uses, 'MAD MAX' style vehicles and general post apocalyptic mayhem.

All categories above:
Out Of Box, scratch built or somewhere in between is allowed.
After Market products are allowed.
No scale restrictions.

This was taken off the contest link at the top of the page. Most anything goes as long as it's a new kit ecept for the last catagory "everythin else".

I am sure someone will chime in here if this is incorrect. ::)

Hope this helps ;D

Latest posts

Back