Would you participate in a 'finish your entry' group build?

Would you participate in a 'finish your entry' group build?

• Yeah!

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Nah~

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Hehe, I'm already in the "Finish What You Started" Fellowship Build over at Agape. I joined it when I joined that forum, and posted the 12 builds that made up my Resolution Builds for 2008 (or was it 2007?). They were 12 kits that I had started in the previous couple of years, and which I resolved to finish in that year. Here's how they came out:

Hasegawa USS Essex in 1/700, still sitting on the ways at this point. I'm adding a hangar deck;
Lindberg F11C-1 Goshawk in 1/48, still unfinished;
Aurora Boeing F4B-4 in 1/48, still unfinished;
2 Monogram P-40Bs in 1/48, still unfinished;
2 Monogram TBFs in 1/48, finished
2 Monogram P-47Ds , 1/48, one razorback (finished) and one bubbletop, still unfinished;
1 Monogram SBD, still unfinished, and currently entered in the Monogram Mafia group build over at FineScale Modeler;
1 Monogram TBD, still unfinished;
1 Life-Like Hawker Fury in 1/48, still unfinished.

In the meantime, I managed to start and finish Eduard's P-39Q in 1/48, for a seminar at my local club; the Monogram F6F, for a Monogram Aircraft Fellowship Build at Agape; and start, but not yet finish:

Monogram's Tom Daniel's Red Baron hot rod, for an Automotive Fellowship Build at Agape;
Hobby Boss' USS Arizona in 1/700, which I am converting to her sister, the Pennsylvania, circa 1935 (see my thread in the Ships forum here), for another fellowship build at Agape;
2 Monogram P-36s in 1/72, which were on a fast track to finish, then my hot water heater burst at Christmas 2 years ago, and they were put aside and never picked up;
2 P-51Bs in 1/48, the Monogram and the ICM kit, for my club's theme in December 2010 (Horses), but still sitting, awaiting finishing;
Monogram's Zero, for the Monogram Mafia Group Build at FineScale, which is in progress
An Eastern European short-run kit of a Studebaker 2 1/2 ton truck, US Army 1944, in 1/72, for a club diorama that we're building to display at the Region 2 show in October.

In between, I've finished a number of toy soldiers, and started others that are nearly finished.

You can see, I like thinking about a build much more than actually finishing :D

yep, I got

Revell 1/48 typhoon..........worst model ever
dragon 1/35 King tiger from original KT build group
warhammer space marine drop pod

two are bare and need paint, the drop pod needs some saving.

I may not have entries to finish, but this idea is getting me to go back and pull out some WIPs that have languished for years

In addition to the three GBs already announced, is the "finish up your shelf-queen GB" still slated to start? Or was there not enough interest? Has the World of Modern Warfare completely finished up?

JMac

With the delay in getting entries online the "finish up your shelf-queen GB" did'nt really get off the ground. You can build a 'shelf queen' in any of the 3 offical group builds. You do not need to start a new kit.

Yes, the World of Modern Warfare is now finished.

Moving forward we are not going to overlap group builds and contests. The fall/winter will be reserved for GBs and Spring / Summer for the Contest

That's cool. I was just wondering. I'm going to have to force myself to get that CC-130 done. ::)

Latest posts

Back