WIPs - I need to finish something...

MilitaryAircraft101

Ok, I have about 13 WIPs on the go... I really need to finish some before I start another. Endless rounds of filler are really not my thing, so sometimes I lose interest in one of those models. I have about 7 models I wish to finish before the end of Oct...
Hawk 127 - Up to decalling
P-40E - Up to paint
P-40B - Building, has gummy residue all over, ???
P-51D - Building & Filling
F-4E - Building & Filling
F-4E - Building & Filling
MB 326 - Filling & Painting

Well ,if it was me ....I would put them all away out of sight ,take one at a time and finish it ,starting with the ones that need the least .Once you see one done it may give you the push or incentive to get on with the rest ....but thats just me ;D ;)

Good luck.

Chris.

Chris S has a point, take your time man... one at a time, they will get done, too many and you could find yourself pulling your hair out XD.

a day of filing and a day of building ;D either way you got your hands full, buds!!!

It would be a goal not unless you try add more :eek:

I know that song too well

1/48 Hasegawa F-16I, ready for final assembly but I got bored with the kit.
1/48 Academy CT-133, nearly ready for final assembly, but removal of masking tape has pulled up soemof the decals.
1/48 Monogram P-47, ready for pait after I remove about 5 years worth of dust from the airframe.
1/48 Revell Germany Ar234B-2N, lost interest while painting
1/72 Academy B-17, nearly ready for paint, but lost interest
1/144 Revell C-17A (CC-177) Globemaster III, project halted after repeated problems with poorly printed decals.
1/24 Fujimi Ferrari F430 Challenge, problms with paint, need to strip bodywork down to bare plastic and start over.

I almost want to dump the whole lot of these and start something new.

Been there, done that. (Actually, I think I'm sort of there now!) I routinely get bogged down in the final stages, decals, landing gear, antennas etc. I think I get to a point where it looks like I'm not making any substantial progress & get the urge to start something new before wrapping up the WIPs.

On the bench right now:
1/72 Sea Harrier (just needs canopy attached & AIM9s mounted)
1/72 Bf109 (Antenna)
1/72 Mirage F1 (OK, I was going to finish her this weekend, but now realize my decals are useless!)
1/72 Horten 229 (in some sort of disrepair)

...and have cracked the box on a 1/48 B25 and 1/72 Heinkel 177....

The last time I got really hung up, I ignored the whole batch of 6-7 kits and popped open a small kit that I knew I could run out in a few nights, just to prove I could actually do it!

I'm not even going to say how many I have waiting to be finished. Let's just say it's a whole closet full.

Alrighty all, mr Airfix72 here has sparked a cracking bump to this thread, and I will ensue with the models that I have finished in this time
Hawk 127
Mirage III
P-40E
F-4E
MB326
I am now working on finishing off another F-4, P-40, Sea Harrier, Wirraway and a ship (USS Ticonderoga) :)

I have three on the bench right now.

1/48 Bronco Predator - Decals and final stuff
1/48 O-2 Skymaster - Filling and sanding
1/48 F-14A Tomcat- Filling and sanding

I'm itching to get them down cause I have others I want to get to. It's a never ending cycle.

Latest posts

Back