WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP UPDATE#9 FINISHED

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP UPDATE

Hey Terry, this is looking AWESOME!
;D

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP UPDATE#2

Not much to see, but did close up the fuselage and test fitted the lower wing. This puppy is big the wing span is about 16 inches.

DSC05405.jpg

DSC05406.jpg

DSC05407.jpg

8)

WOW!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING DETAIL!!!!!!!!! I THINK I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, BUT THIS MODEL NEEDS A :) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) :p STANDING OVATION :p 8) :eek: ;D :D ;) :)

Absolutely first-rate work! Your leather effects are particularly convincing - some of the best I've ever seen.

What markings are you going for on this one?

Kevin

miflyer said:
Absolutely first-rate work! Your leather effects are particularly convincing - some of the best I've ever seen.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin!!! U.S. Marine Corp

MrT said:
miflyer said:

Kevin

You have chosen... wisely.

grailknight.jpg

;D ;D ;D

miflyer said:
MrT said:
miflyer said:

Kevin

You have chosen... wisely.

grailknight.jpg

;D ;D ;D

How did I know that was coming? ::) ;D

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP UPDATE#3

Semper Fi Mac!!!! Since our last meeting I have added the radiator and the details to the top on the fuselage. I'm trying to get her ready to paint. I did paint the radiator and top cowling.

Terry ;D

DSC05414.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

;D

Great job on the WOOD Framing... paint work looks very believable !

She looks like a big kit !!! 32nd hey ??? keep up the good work !!!

what are those little propellers on the top ??? wind speed sensors ???

take care !

Norm.

Jim, what can I say... As long as I live, I will never stop getting a kick out of seeing the eagle, globe, and anchor plastered on things. ;D

Those little generators between the cabane struts look so cool... but that had to be an annoying place to put them from the pilot's perspective! I love how the gunsights are waaaaay off to the sides in order to see past them.

Is the photoetch gunsight a kit item? WnW kits seem to come with widely varying amounts of brass.

Kev

schweinhund227 said:

take care !

Norm.

Norm, those drive the fuel pumps, believe it or not! The pitot/static tubes (for airspeed and altitude) are on the inboard right wing strut.

Kev

miflyer said:
Jim, what can I say... As long as I live, I will never stop getting a kick out of seeing the eagle, globe, and anchor plastered on things. ;D

Those little generators between the cabane struts look so cool... but that had to be an annoying place to put them from the pilot's perspective! I love how the gunsights are waaaaay off to the sides in order to see past them.

Is the photoetch gunsight a kit item? WnW kits seem to come with widely varying amounts of brass.

Kev

Well this one will have a great big EGA! Yeah the gun site comes with the kit along with other PE goodies.

;D

schweinhund227 said:

take care !

Norm.

Thanks Norm!!! What Kevin says is true those little propellers run the fuel pumps. Pretty cool eh.

;D

Re: WINGNUT WINGS DH9a WIP UPDATE#4

Well it's been a little while since the last update. I have been working on some of the details like painting and decals that need to be done before wings and rigging. I still have more to do, but here are some pictures of the progress so far. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry ;D

DSC05458.jpg

DSC05459.jpg

DSC05460.jpg

DSC05461.jpg

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05467.jpg