WING NUT WINGS

Wingnut Wings kits are excellent! I have build the S.E.5a and Albatros V so far and am working on the RNAS Pup with several more in the stash. Before these kits I had little WWI experience and they are wonderful models. I suggest EZ Line for the rigging, it sticks well with super glue and since it's elastic if you bump a wire while adding others it won't snap. The real WWI experts go with various types of turnbuckles for the rigging too; I haven't gone that far but either way they're great kits! One small word of warning: they are very closely engineered, to the point that things won't fit if they have paint on the bonding edges. The tolerances are that tight.

Which one are you looking at building?

Michael

Great choice! Not much rigging on that one.

I'm afraid that's one of the kits I have "in progress" ::) Be a bit careful with the way the wings slide together, that can get very tight. If you do it the way the instructions show, you might want to sand a bit of plastic off the male parts of the wing to make them go into each other a little more easily, otherwise you might find them binding before they're all the way together.

Also, once you have the fuselage together, those linkage parts sticking up from the top of the cockpit can be pretty fragile, so watch out for those.

Again, a great kit. Have fun with it!

Michael

Hello All,
I am rather new here but I will chime in on this. I have built 2 WNW kits so far and have 14 more in the stash. These kits are phenominal to say the least. The fit is beautiful, to the point that parts get almost too tight when painted. Be careful. There are a few kits that take little to no rigging. Starting on one of these is a good idea. I will be posting my builds here soon. Any questions, let me know.

Paul

Latest posts

Back