where to find plumbing and wiring info

Shark

I'm building a NASCAR race car. I want to add some detail to the kit by adding some plumbing and wiring. Where would I find some info on where the oil lines, brake lines, and such originate and terminate?

I just did a google seach on Nascar Engines. That might help. I don't build cars so I can't help much there. :/

I must confess that I am just trowing this in the air !!!

But wouldn't they run most of their lines inside some of the Roll Cage Tubes ? to protect such things...

I vaguely remember a (line) like that in Thunder with Tom Cruise !

Those cars are Hand made anyway... Let us know if you found what you were looking for !!

Information keeps the world going !

Thanks for the help. I found that pic too Grendel. What I want to do is put in the oiler cooler lines and the lines for the rear end pump. I don't know where to place them on the pump, or where they attach to the resevoir and such. So far I still have nothing that shows these points of origin.

Check out back issues of Scale Auto Enthusiast (now Scale Auto, Kalmbach publishing) I know they ran several articles on wiring and plumbing.
If it is for a contest, use reference, if it is just for your own enjoyment get under your car, look, and wing it!
As always use Google and ask for what you want, do not forget model sites as well.
Several after market companies make kits and they have instructions/tips on how to, again an issue of Scale Auto or Model Car magazines can load you up on companies and reference.
I model F-1 and Indy Cars, I use The Anatomy of a Formula One Race Car for reference as well as pictures I took at the Museum in Indianapolis and the Henry Ford in Detroit.
And teams use different methods to wire and plumb so if you are doing a specific car, go to their web site and see if they offer assistance.
Good Luck!

I'm an idiot. I never thought to buy a better detailed kit and look at their directions. Great idea!

Latest posts

Back