When's the next contest?

Afterburner

Gluing my fingers...painting my hand...
Yep...that's me! Someone could be giving away free money and I would be all lookin' around dumbfounded trying to figure out what all the fuss was about.

I'd like to be a part of a contest...but will have to wait for the next one.Too much on my plate right now..

Any ideas?

Spring 2012. Working on something on a smaller scale for next fall/winter. Much smaller scale. More like a group build with a few giveaways.

Gundamhead said:
Um, you can still enter and have until June 30th.

Yeah... But my builds move as fast as pondwater at the Arctic Circle... I'll gear up for the 2012...thanks guys!

ShutterAce said:
You could enter something you already have completed in the All-Open category.

Yeah, what he said. That was sorta my drift, but I wasn't clear. Sorta like being as clear as the Mississippi. Anyhoo, it'll get you in this contest if your pressed for time. The 2nd link has the rules/category info for you.

Jim,Gundam..thanks for sharing that.I might just go ahead and enter after all.

Scott I like your idea of a little contest in the Fall/Winter. Do you mean this Fall/Winter?

Scott Girvan said:
Spring 2012. Working on something on a smaller scale for next fall/winter. Much smaller scale. More like a group build with a few giveaways.

make it last till December 2012, LOL Feel the Rumble..... Look at the Sky !!!!....

what you need to explain Scott is all the Logistic that a Contest... like SMA is running is composed of ?
finding the sponsors.... getting the website set up ! getting the sponsors... and Running like head less Chicken .... getting turned down by sponsors..... and so forth !!!

I am glad SMA is running a contest but I am sure it is very hard to get going !!! last thing I want is Scott and his Team to BURN OUT !!!

I don't really want SMA to become a Prize Cow ! a Big Contest a year is fine !!! with me that is !!!

and like I said ! i am just flapping my mouth here... no offence !

To be honest - putting the prizes together was insanely easy. Yes, I've knocked on many doors, sent many emails (copy/paste) - God has opened some pretty amazing doors for us.

Others have helped too - it's not all me by any means. Many moderators here recruited / donated prizes as well.

One big contest per year is plenty for me - there are alot of extra hours invovled, especially once final entries come in.

Something fun in the late fall might happen, pretty sure something will - but the scale will be 1/350 as opposed to 1/1. We'll see.

With that said...all this talk of global warming is making me think that we might end up with 2 springs....then I'm kinda screwed.

Latest posts

Back