What's the name of this aircraft?

Darthperil

I was watching the videos from the model show and saw this aircraft and can't remember it's name. Anyone know??
Whatsmyname.jpg

Looks like the Testor's concept of the "NEW STEALTH F-19"
Before anyone knew it was the F117 and the wobbly goblin made it's public debut.

That's a great kit...if ya can find one. I found mine on ebay and paid alot for it. Still looking for the 1/48 monogram version.

Mac said:
Before anyone knew it was the F117 and the wobbly goblin made it's public debut.
That's precisely what it is. My dad had one of these when they first came out. I wonder if it'd actually fly.....

Little Cutie said:
Mac said:
That's precisely what it is. My dad had one of these when they first came out. I wonder if it'd actually fly.....

Would have been a neat concept. There are a few out there that believe this aircraft really does exist as a proof of concept for the next generation of SR-71. As for being able to fly, I without a doubt believe it could. With todays advanced avionics, you could make a brick fly. All of todays fast jets are inherantly unstable, they need to be so they can react and maneuver faster. The Pilot does not so much pilot the aircraft, he simply tells the avionics what he wants to do or where he wants to go, the avionics computers determines which control surfaces to move to achieve what the pilot intends.

I think its called the F-19! I got this kit about 20 years ago by Italeri in 1/48. I wish I didn't threw it away!

B

Latest posts

Back