What kind of camera set up do you guys use?

wabass

I'd like to take better pics of my work, I don't have a good method yet, just handheld close ups with my phone. Any advice would be welcome. thanks

I use a Ricoh CX 5 Digital. 've Been working for some time with it and am fully satisfied with the images. Good sharpness, proper settings, and a Super Macro mode.

Hi Wabass.
Myself I use a Fuji F800EXR for most of my progress pics and a Fuji HS-50EXR as my finishing camera.
Make sure you select a camera with good Macro capability. Go to a good camera shop and try out cameras there. Make sure you bring something small to test the camera on to verify it matches your needs. Not all cameras are good at taking pictures close up or of small items. That is why it is better to try before you buy.

Jim

Using a Samsung S85 for my still work.
It has a good macro function, with zoom, and a timer to help avoid handshake issues.
For my final pics, I use it on a tripod clamped in a vise on my workbench

thanks for the help, i was wondering about tripods and lighting too. i know there is way more to good photography than that but i'm starting at the bottom.

You really don't need anything too fancy. I took this picture with my iPhone...

IMG_1583_zpsc374b0d9.jpg

As you can see, it came out pretty well, could be better, but not bad either.

My set up is pretty simple. I have two desk lamps clamped to my bench and a piece of white paper from Wal-Mart.

IMG_0559_zpsf06366be.jpg

I spent less that 30 seconds setting it up and I just took this picture...

IMG_0561_zpsd8a4e775.jpg

The other thing you might want to consider is a free photo editing software like GIMP. This is a great too for balancing colors etc.

http://www.gimp.org/

Latest posts

Back