Wave Ma.K AFS Mk. II

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
This is my first go at a Ma.K. kit and i gotta say i am really enjoying it. The combo of sci-fi and armor is right up my alley. I picked this guy up from the starship modeler store. These Wave kits apparently dont come with all the awesome accessories like tubes and metal and what not so that was a let down but otherwise a nice kit, some of the upper arm assemblies needed some major filling, otherwise, construction is fairly simple and straight forward. I textured the surface with some squadron green putty thinned down with lacquer thinner and painted on then stippled with an old stiff brush. I added some fiberglass rope, and some ugly tubes courtesy of Mecha Skunk. the helmet glass is masked off with liquid frisket. Primered with rustoleum automotive primer.

006-5.jpg
001-14.jpg
012-3.jpg
013-1.jpg
017-1.jpg
007-6.jpg

It is looking very good!! That texturing had to be a lot of work. But the end result is well worth it.

Grendels-thank you thank you. you would be surprised how easy it really is, it only took me about half an hour. I just thinned the squadron down until it looked like house paint, you can start stippling as soon as you paint it on cause it dries so fast. And because it dries really fast you have pretty good control over it as it wont run all over the place.

Base coated him with tamiya dark yellow. I'll be hand painting everything else from this point on. I have yet to start painting the head. I definitely need a better head for my next wave kit cause the one included just aint that great.

008-4.jpg
009-2.jpg
010-1.jpg
011-2.jpg
012-4.jpg

Nice....I can't wait to see paint on this one. 8)
Any idea for the camo.
I'm planning a A.F.S. Mk.1

Thank you for the information. I will have to give it a try sometime. It is looking good!!

Put decals on and started detail painting and weathering. Been layering on different earth tone color washes, I use model master, tamiya, and citadel paints. I have a few different pro modeller washes that I'm going to hit it with next. Started fleshing out a base with some foam core covered with spackle. I don't have any wood to mount it to so it's going to be a straight up "chunk of earth" style base.
e22dbe07.jpg
c9adbb42.jpg
1391074c.jpg
296a75f1.jpg

I finished up the ground work for the base. I like to use of mix of store bought and organic (stuff from the yard) terrain materials. Check it...

b2310068.jpg
773977d1.jpg

Lucky number 7. I guess that's the title of this build even though you barely see the number seven decals anymore. The rock in the base is coming off very bright because of the light. Calling it done.

a1a79578.jpg
aa879d38.jpg
8421786f.jpg
9dc20c03.jpg
1233e42b.jpg
591e6ec4.jpg
452f9bfd.jpg

I don't usually see a lot of these, but this one is especially cool since the face can be seen through the helmets' face shield. The Hellboy hand is cool too! I want to make one of these now, but with a giant hand that smashes through stuff. I'd make it look mechanical, but with a muscular flare. I know most of these kits look the same, but the paint, and detail make them altogether unique no matter who builds them!

Latest posts

Back