WALTHERS CORNERSTONE H0 SCALE POWER STATION

svinehunden

HEY ALL...

i've really been having problems motivating myself to build anything the last 3 months but i have to do something for SMA contest :)

i liked the garbage category so this model fits perfectly...

lol

i have NEVER seen a kit packed worse than this... everything is scratched up

buuuut i can't complain too much. most of the walthers kits are made here in denmark (;

i will be working hard on it this weekend so expect some quick updates...

kasper

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

damn it... i didn't get much done this weekend so i guess i better get some work done tonight ::)

i discovered the kit is missing at least one whole sprue with most the interior parts so i will have to change it and scratch build the inside.

friday i got all the parts cut out and cleaned up. with the high number of windows it took the night but i also got the smokestack glued together. it was a nightmare because walthers have been complete idiots and made it in 4 parts instead of 3... why they did so really makes me wonder???

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

first i glued one part to the baseplate, then another and when they both was dry i glued them together. third part the same way but the fourth was a big problem and left me with a lot of clean up to do.

IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

as you can see the smokestack i have some nasty lines on it and they will need a lot of attention.

while i was cleaning the windows i realized the plastic was way too thick, about 1,3mm so i have decided to sand them down to about 0,5.

IMG_7958.jpg

that's it for now but i will hopefully ba back later with another update...

k

The missing sprue is certaily a set back eh? I know what it's like when you start a model only to find so many short comings along the way.

Sorry to hear you are missing a spue :(, no worries though youl pull it off. ;) man is the smoke stack made out of bricks? good luck on those seam lines :)

Nasty bit of seamage there, but from your other builds you have posted here, I know you can pull it off.

Latest posts

Back