Vostok

okb1982

Tovarisch,

CopyofDSC_2578.jpg

It is done, the PT-76 Soviet amphibious tank.
The PT-76 was mainly employed by the Naval Infantry units of the USSR and the People's Republic of Poland way back during the Cold War. Other users are the rest of Warsaw Pact nations, Arab countries like Egypt, Syria and Iraq, and Israel also from captured Arab equipments. Pakistan also used this tank and so are some of the African nations like Angola.
With a crew of 3, it is primarily armed with a 76mm D-56T gun and a co-axial 7.62mm Goryunov machine gun.
Combat service for this tank were on the Middle Eastern conflicts, Vietnam War, Balkans and in Chechen War.

The model is the Trumpeter kit that was built and enhanced with additional details.
Enhancements are made from scratchbuilt items like PLA plates, rods and tubings. Brass and copper wire were also used as materials.
The main modifications that were done on this kit is the added interior details for the turret and hull.
Additional accessories are the rusting spare tracks taken from a BMP-1 track system and made into stand-off armor to defeat HEAT warheads coming mainly from RPGs.

Painting was done using Tamiya acrylics and enamels plus an assortment of Testor enamels for minor details.
Weathering was done using oil paints, enamel paints and pigments form brands like Tamiya, Humbrol and Migs.
Second time to use my old Migs set and Im enjoying it:D
Markings and finish is for the Chechen war and marks the unit of Special Batallion Vostok ('East') of the Russian Army. This GRU unit usually fields BMP but I'd like to portray my PT-76 to portray a Vostok Grafitti anyway :D

Here are the photos.

DSC_2551.jpg

DSC_2555.jpg

DSC_2563.jpg

DSC_2564.jpg

DSC_2569.jpg

DSC_2571.jpg

DSC_2572.jpg

DSC_2573.jpg

DSC_2576.jpg

DSC_2578.jpg

DSC_2579.jpg

Additional details:

DSC_2597.jpg

DSC_2543.jpg

DSC_2544.jpg

DSC_2591.jpg

DSC_2596.jpg

DSC_2592.jpg

Turret Flooring:
DSC_2539.jpg

Driver details:
DSC_2536.jpg

DSC_2538.jpg

References are the following: (I do not own the ff. photos, they're mainly used for illustration purposes only).
408.jpg

PT-76_Chechnya.jpg

Suggestions and critique are very much appreciated! :D

Cheers! :D

OKB

Great build, pre!!!

finely detailed... and you got a really wide space ^^

cheers!!!

love the tire at the back not that it would help anything if it reversed into it ;)

Fantastic WORK! great detail in the turret! Great subject too. very cold war looking.

Hey OKB,

Very Cool Russian Armor ! I Dig th Weathering , Spot-On ! All the little details really make this Tank PoP !!

Great Job !

That is one nice model the weathering and the interior is top notch keep it up

Geegad

I love how you painted the interior on that, it looks uncomfortable! Really well-painted model you got there.

This ones been playin' in the mud! Have to agree with everyone. Great fine detail work and detail painting. Also, the overall paintwork and weathering looks great!! Nice job!!

I loved your build but on the mud., next time you add mud. Use a stiff brush and rub and fade the top's of just were the mud ends. To give that rubbed off look. As I did on my merkava.
I used earth tone pastels and 90% rubbing alcohol.
Merkava-Mk_3D-ProjectIDF-IsA-86.jpg

Merkava-Mk_3D-ProjectIDF-IsA-87.jpg

The 90% rubbing alcohol dray so fast that it leps you bring dirt and grime to life!
Merkava-Mk_3D-ProjectIDF-IsA-95.jpg

Merkava-Mk_3D-ProjectIDF-IsA-88.jpg

Latest posts

Back