Video Making software

cobraleader

G'Day All,

Trying to bash together a video series of my Tie Fighter builds.

What software do you recommend for making the videos that you put up ?

I'm currently using Windows Live Movie Maker.

I tried using my old Webcam, however as I already knew, video and audio quality were bad. I've resorted to my Little Kodak Easy Share on a desktop tripod - quality is alot better.

Any suggestions or tips ?

Thanks

Cheers
Mark

There is a ton of software out there - some of it expensive, some not.

I would strongly suggest NOT to spend money at this point and use Live Movie Maker. It works fine and honestly does everything that you need to do to make a build video.

If down the road you want to upgrade there are many great software titles in the $50 - $100 range or you can go up to the $500 level. More money means more features and usually you don't need the extra features...

I did a review of five different video software packages:

http://www.youtube.com/user/badgrendels?feature=mhsn#p/c/22CE71FB76DF4091/0/AdAgOh-yrqs

I do agree with Scott, if you are happy with windows movie maker, I would stick with it. Most products have a free trial version, which you can download and try out for a period of days. I did that with the reviews I made.

One other thing, higher price in the $50 to $150 range does not mean more features. So be careful there.

Also, some software packages come with royalty free music so you can add music to your videos without worrying about the threat of a lawsuit.

And last of all, customer support. Adobe is horrible about support unless you are contacting them about one of their CS products. The reason this is important is that from my experience video editing software is a bit wonky, and can be prone to crashing.

The two I've used most are Muvee, and Windows Movie Maker.
Truth be told, there are facets of each that I like.
But Windows Movie Maker has the luxury of being free with Windows.

Scott Girvan said:
There is a ton of software out there - some of it expensive, some not.

I would strongly suggest NOT to spend money at this point and use Live Movie Maker. It works fine and honestly does everything that you need to do to make a build video.

If down the road you want to upgrade there are many great software titles in the $50 - $100 range or you can go up to the $500 level. More money means more features and usually you don't need the extra features...

this, i suggest just use windows live movie maker.

though, when you get into it, if you want too and get too understand the simpler windows movie maker, you probably will want to advance to a more advanced program, its good for now trust me, if your starting off you don't want to get too far into the complex stuff with all the features, start simple, but when your skills deveup and if you can do it get better software... as windows movie maker degrades some of the video quality.

just a suggestion, if you dont want to do it its only my recommendation XD

Latest posts

Back